The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Oliver1329

Life of the Party
Reffed little kids REC soccer all day Saturday. Gotta make the money to buy more fishing stuff somehow :ROFLMAO:

Also, if you are under 16 and looking for a job reffing is the way to go. You get paid way over minimum wage and the schedule is all based on you. You can sign up for whatever games you want whenever you want.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Reffed little kids REC soccer all day Saturday. Gotta make the money to buy more fishing stuff somehow :ROFLMAO:

Also, if you are under 16 and looking for a job reffing is the way to go. You get paid way over minimum wage and the schedule is all based on you. You can sign up for whatever games you want whenever you want.
Do you get much grief from the fans? Like little league??

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yes, It's honestly so stupid though. I don't understand how parents can be so mad when they are literally 8-year-olds that don't even know how to play soccer.
It’s just crazy bs anymore. There may come a time where nobody will ref then what. There’s a shortage of officials in several sports right now

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Excellent! Central way north WA. Good friends, fishing, a lot of bull, catching up. Fishing, so- so, Lathotans on dries is a hoot. Oh ya, libations and food.
I’m sure there will be another report with pics.
Good times.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Had a pretty darn awesome weekend. For one thing, I had thurs/fri off work, so the weekend was nice and long. Plus, it happened right as we finally got some warm sunny weather!

Did a bunch of house projects, hiked with the wife, rode at the pumptrack, took kid #2 mountain biking, went fishing (though not catching) a couple of times looking for bass, scouted a new lake on a hike with the dog, had a beer with some old friends at a local brewery beer garden. Good times all around. Could have used soem BBQing and could have for sure used a lot more fish catching. But it's hard to complain too much.

And it was my dog's birthday (thanks Gary Knowels EDIT: Whoops, I meant Gary Thompson, who I guess never made it over here from the other place? EDIT 2: Double whoops, I meant @dirty dog !).

Then again, for his birthday he somehow pooped on the ball I was throwing for him on our hike (I'll spare you the photo I sent my wife).

IMG_1129.jpg

Last edited:

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter