The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
When I fell and broke the smaller bone in my Right leg. They stuck a boot on my right. Had to wear that damn thing for 3 weeks. It was no fun sleeping in it. Mine had way more straps that yours does.

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'm retired. We stay home on weekends. But Friday I had some hearing tests and test drove some hearing aids for half an hour. I didn't realize how much my hearing has declined and what I am missing! My new aids will be here in 3 weeks and I'm as excited as a kid on opening day.

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
I got COVID two weekends ago and still worked 12 hours a day and nobody on the boat felt sorry for me…😂 I’m just getting better after 12 days.

flybill

Life of the Party
I'm retired. We stay home on weekends. But Friday I had some hearing tests and test drove some hearing aids for half an hour. I didn't realize how much my hearing has declined and what I am missing! My new aids will be here in 3 weeks and I'm as excited as a kid on opening day.
I've been trying to get my mother to go for a hearing test and get hearing aids for at least 5 years.. she won't and her hearing is getting worse..

I did have a lot of fun this weekend! Mine is Sunday and Monday

20220501_152430.jpg20220501_152419.jpg20220501_154217.jpg20220501_172327.jpg20220501_173850.jpg20220501_173731.jpg20220501_175121.jpg20220501_185659.jpg20220501_191223.jpg20220502_100835.jpg

Last edited:

Kenneth Yong

Fishy Spam
Forum Supporter
I had to dash to the office to pick something up on Saturday, so the kids came along, and they ended up playing in the ancient Roman cistern (1st. century AD) on the grounds -- Agrippina the Elder (grand-daughter of Caesar Augustus, mother of Caligula and grandmother of Nero) had her villa hereabouts.

The non-native turned local parakeets were noisy in the garden, both Rose-ringed (Psittacula krameri) and Monk (Myiopsitta monachus), excuse the crappish phone pics.

AM-JKLUMk4WUgFzPqe5IBBfzi_wlVC7A9dWWh_e06cobdYDdff-BLdUyaKpzqkcGH776PXa-3sWvrMy70wnR3crg893TW32Q8Nsr7ZjmsY309UO-Zr_1Vg-js7ppzxjthEigFbcN_2BXSZn1VFDZ8lXg5ibP=w660-h1024-no

AM-JKLX8oG62oygH4P3G5UpskLnRlTZRsvlFnjYkR3js2dxcjshL7RVY7PJmHvOuaZcRLPPOhHz2Ihmj3IsA7q1nLPKWmA_bof75tR1GdBDJ0ESecY9hm9_ImxvPdlrf9HyrloN6MC56n-QjambtKfiSbQ44=w1024-h608-no

AM-JKLXMAaqG6PPrGPhIl9joxsYGtMRawBGp8gE0Awm0uFAyQJpa8mdNMvgNOHn-nKkMORnSIDkCuhys2nqiMtB2ccgDiOuNIMr1TV_RXT2pY4fTMLo0z8l_auey_uPh_SWn4ucHC9NGeFKk_e2EzqRuggXh=w1024-h761-no

Talking about crappish, on Sunday SWMBO and I took the kids to the giant playground called Ostia Antica (Ancient Ostia, admission free every first Sunday of the month). They were most tickled by the public latrines, this one situated near the main piazza -- clearly the Romans were not a particularly shy people.

AM-JKLWmYINNGihEz29-7qwGjvqhd1u-UZByVvl8KWvXTXUCwSLT1W4S5XR-WZbwAj2a5aHf244-DA-c5so4JVhaO2Z4cnFdUWnoEn88Cy6w6ZsB3usTpQ3B3RkIw8iHCxcxtceG1X5MkGmS-0uLOZM9oim5=w1024-h577-no

AM-JKLX4lNA4CutMTuntLBtdLKDbsSel-HcB0_jHt81ri7RyIoqe_cbCVajnDSwpCJi_cotkyCwn9f0jsW5uHrbKqO9rvjs8T35DmgRw2Y8Jg-mPLy88HE-WDydkWjbzNE-A-6QWFWr1Z3Y3ByQNtC6SJwhF=w1024-h573-no

Just your typical weekend in Rome, really.

Kenneth

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I got a new boot on Saturday morning.

I’ve been fishing a couple of my favorite places here in PA the past several weeks that require walking in a few miles, followed by wading in very uneven, rocky bottom streams.

As a result, my left foot, ankle, and lower leg were really sore 2 weeks ago. That didn’t slow me down much though. Last week, I wrapped my foot and ankle with an ace bandage and was back at it. The fishing has been pretty good. Actually, really good.

By the time I got home last Thursday night after the another 2 day fishing trip my left foot and ankle were swollen a bit. Friday, it looked and felt worse.

I was the first person through the door when the Orthopedic Urgent Care center opened Saturday morning.
After an exam and x-rays, they sent me to the hospital for an ultrasound of my leg to make sure there were no blood clots.

Everything came out okay. No stress fractures, No blood clots. Probably just a good ole fashioned sprain.
The Doc told me to keep off my feet as much as possible this week, and when I do have to go out I’m supposed to wear this new boot.

View attachment 13262

The swelling has gone down completely now, and all of the pain has disappeared already. That just proves that fishing is good for your health. I can’t possibly just sit here doing nothing. I think I’ll go back out fishing again on Wednesday.
Doesn't Orvis sell that model with an option for added studs?

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I had to dash to the office to pick something up on Saturday, so the kids came along, and they ended up playing in the ancient Roman cistern (1st. century AD) on the grounds -- Agrippina the Elder (grand-daughter of Caesar Augustus, mother of Caligula and grandmother of Nero) had her villa hereabouts.

The non-native turned local parakeets were noisy in the garden, both Rose-ringed (Psittacula krameri) and Monk (Myiopsitta monachus), excuse the crappish phone pics.

AM-JKLUMk4WUgFzPqe5IBBfzi_wlVC7A9dWWh_e06cobdYDdff-BLdUyaKpzqkcGH776PXa-3sWvrMy70wnR3crg893TW32Q8Nsr7ZjmsY309UO-Zr_1Vg-js7ppzxjthEigFbcN_2BXSZn1VFDZ8lXg5ibP=w660-h1024-no

AM-JKLX8oG62oygH4P3G5UpskLnRlTZRsvlFnjYkR3js2dxcjshL7RVY7PJmHvOuaZcRLPPOhHz2Ihmj3IsA7q1nLPKWmA_bof75tR1GdBDJ0ESecY9hm9_ImxvPdlrf9HyrloN6MC56n-QjambtKfiSbQ44=w1024-h608-no

AM-JKLXMAaqG6PPrGPhIl9joxsYGtMRawBGp8gE0Awm0uFAyQJpa8mdNMvgNOHn-nKkMORnSIDkCuhys2nqiMtB2ccgDiOuNIMr1TV_RXT2pY4fTMLo0z8l_auey_uPh_SWn4ucHC9NGeFKk_e2EzqRuggXh=w1024-h761-no

Talking about crappish, on Sunday SWMBO and I took the kids to the giant playground called Ostia Antica (Ancient Ostia, admission free every first Sunday of the month). They were most tickled by the public latrines, this one situated near the main piazza -- clearly the Romans were not a particularly shy people.

AM-JKLWmYINNGihEz29-7qwGjvqhd1u-UZByVvl8KWvXTXUCwSLT1W4S5XR-WZbwAj2a5aHf244-DA-c5so4JVhaO2Z4cnFdUWnoEn88Cy6w6ZsB3usTpQ3B3RkIw8iHCxcxtceG1X5MkGmS-0uLOZM9oim5=w1024-h577-no

AM-JKLX4lNA4CutMTuntLBtdLKDbsSel-HcB0_jHt81ri7RyIoqe_cbCVajnDSwpCJi_cotkyCwn9f0jsW5uHrbKqO9rvjs8T35DmgRw2Y8Jg-mPLy88HE-WDydkWjbzNE-A-6QWFWr1Z3Y3ByQNtC6SJwhF=w1024-h573-no

Just your typical weekend in Rome, really.

Kenneth
If you have a chance I would recommend visiting the Villa D'Este in Tivoli (a short bus ride from Rome). The villa itself is completely unremarkable, but the gardens on the back side are without equal.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
What'd you get up to this weekend? Fishing related or not.

Well, I started a new job last Monday selling Granite countertops but have to work out my two weeks notice at sportsman's Warehouse. So last weekend were days 8-9 in a row working.
This weekend will be days 13 and 14. Then the next weekend I'll have off and will be taking the boat out on Pueblo Reservoir, hopefully the bass are still staging to spawn..

dep

Steelhead
I fell out of my pontoon boat for the first time! everything was fine, but it sure happened fast and of course my pfd was in my vehicle.
lesson learned

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
As I was making morning coffee, my wife says there's something strange lying in the driveway in front of the travel trailer so I went out to investigate. It was the cap of the battery case and then I saw that the battery had exploded spreading bits and pieces all over, some clear out to the middle of the street. Acid was draining all over the driveway. A real clean up mess. We were planning a short trip so needed to get things fixed quickly.
Still don't know what caused it but ended up replacing both batteries and one new case and strap to the tune of $322. Spent a lot of time with the hose spraying the front end of the trailer and the back of the propane tank cover and the concrete driveway which has wild looking white stains. I had to pick up the remains of the battery and double bag it in garbage bags to haul to battery exchange and managed to get only get two holes in my cargo shorts. Hopefully next weekend will be more fun. My stepson says he's never heard of a battery exploding before but it happened one other time to me in an old chevy pickup I used to have. Anyone else ever experience an exploding battery before?. Kinda curious.