The "How was your weekend?" thread...

mickey rat

Vermin
This weekend stinks. Mrs. Zak has COVID for Mother's Day. She started getting sick on Wednesday and got really sick on Thursday. She took one of those 15-minute at home COVID tests on Friday and it came back negative, so we figured it was the flu. On Saturday, her throat got really sore and so we thought it was strep throat. Early Sunday morning she was sicker than I've ever seen her and we went to the walk in clinic.

Not strep, but COVID. Also severe dehydration. IV fluids with meds for a few hours. We are back home now, tryin the to work out a quarantine system. The meds helped my wife sleep today. Doctor said my daughter and I are very likely to get it.

We were so careful! Double vaxxed and boosted, we still wear masks in stores, my wife's a nurse and used precautions at work.

One takeaway: the at home tests might be accurate as to positive results, but can give false negatives. Another: the doctor said these new variants are very contagious (when, not if, everyone will get the Rona).
Sorry to hear that Zak. My daughter got it last week from a 'team building' event with her employer. We were gone fishing this week so she came over and isolated at our house. She came through pretty well. Hope you all fair as well. BTW the ASB chironnies did well too.

• Love
Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
Sorry to hear that Zak. My daughter got it last week from a 'team building' event with her employer. We were gone fishing this week so she came over and isolated at our house. She came through pretty well. Hope you all fair as well. BTW the ASB chironnies did well too.
How many days was your daughter sick? My wife is on Day 9 and improving, but still quite sick.

So glad to hear the ASB material worked well for you!

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Since the grandkids are gone, I've been enjoying this view this weekend. Today was so chill, just floating around, barley enough breeze to break up the surface.
20220515_094231.jpg
with lots and lots of this view too
20220515_093653.jpg

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
DSC_0546.jpg

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
Our setup for Bares and Broncs on Friday night in the Iron Horse Brewery beer garden. It was a fun time. Even got a few old cowboys to come out and show off their boot dancin.
4DD61820-F915-4200-8822-DC0E53BE6DDB.jpeg

A couple weeks ago our young male cat ended up with a severe infection and died. My kids were crushed so we took a look and found a local farm with a fresh litter of kittens. This is Zeus.
999D922C-7CDE-4FC6-8556-AA570EB4D0A3.jpeg

Sunday I went chasing rainbows.
6F906F82-A1C3-4ABD-A928-9DF616C1419A.jpeg

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I got zero fishing done this weekend. Missed Speypalooza because I had to work (wasn't really in the mood anyway after some news that an old school friend died suddenly).

But I did get some time with the kids/wife, saw my mom, and built a Costco shed to store garden/yard stuff. Honestly, leveling and building the base for it took 300% more time as actually building it.

IMG_1259.jpg

t_law

Steelhead
Hit the Yak last weekend with my son and a buddy and his son. Floated from Ringer to Lluma, which made for a long day, even for me. But we had a good time, caught some nice fish and got to witness the madness of the caddis hatch as dusk approached. It was a nymph game for most of the day but we did raise a few on the dry.
canyon_IMG_1350.jpegR_1348.jpegRB_1354.jpeg