The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
I think you tagged the wrong Gary RE: your dog..
Had a pretty darn awesome weekend. For one thing, I had thurs/fri off work, so the weekend was nice and long. Plus, it happened right as we finally got some warm sunny weather!

Did a bunch of house projects, hiked with the wife, rode at the pumptrack, took kid #2 mountain biking, went fishing (though not catching) a couple of times looking for bass, scouted a new lake on a hike with the dog, had a beer with some old friends at a local brewery beer garden. Good times all around. Could have used soem BBQing and could have for sure used a lot more fish catching. But it's hard to complain too much.

And it was my dog's birthday (thanks @Gary Knowels).

Then again, for his birthday he somehow pooped on the ball I was throwing for him on our hike (I'll spare you the photo I sent my wife).

View attachment 15127

Yardus

Secret Squirrel
So lucky to get a serious stoke two weekends in a row :cool: "Carpe Diem"

NFR - Friday night tux fitting for my youngest senior prom.

abc5.pngabc7.png

NFR - Saturday night for some campaign toasts with the other parents before the dance and then off to date night at the Big Fish Grill with the love of my life. Had the Paella (yum) and few Mac n Jacks.
abc6.png

Now for the fishing... Sunday solo mission to the eastside. Had a big ass smile on my face the whole time. The morning drive before the sun came up was spectacular.
abc1.png
abc2.png

I have to admit to losing many more than I landed, but didn't really care because it was a calm 70 degrees and I was watching bobbers with my feet up enjoying the sunny day.
abc.png
abc3.png

The fish of the day was a real beast and took me to the wood shed for longer than I'd care to admit. No chance I was getting a good shot of this one solo. I tried to one hand it :ROFLMAO:... Nope!. Stoke was HIGH!!!
abc4.jpg

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
For the record, I was trying to tag Gary Thompson, who has helped so many of us get our Golden Retrievers. But I'm not seeing that he's a member here. Bummer.

Travis Bille

I am El Asso Wipo!!!!!
Forum Supporter
Actually really good. Got a bunch of shit done around the house on Saturday.

Sunday I frantically flipped through soccer games (last day of the premier league season), then decided on some “knee/femur rehab) and figured I better put the pedal kayak out in Trinidad Bay and see how that goes. I went pretty well as far as the knee goes, but got blown off the water. I did hook what must have been a nice big long cod though, and lost it. No crab to speak of. I took out and threw 2 gallons of water in a backpack and went disc golfing (more knee rehab). And 10 push-ups after every hole.

Woke up yesterday and the knee was pretty damn angry. Took some ibuprofen and started to feel good. No wind and the ocean was flat so I went down to the Humboldt bay jetty and scrambled around. Knee feels good today, looks like I might get to backpack this summer after all!

F67358BC-8C44-4871-83B4-83579277825F.jpeg

I brought the fly rod but got the ling Cod on a spin rod

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Weekend? Meh. Saturday was an acupuncture appointment. Saw my Mom on Sunday. But Friday was reported in Lakes. Was really great. I rarely fish the weekend.

Kenneth Yong

Fishy Spam
Forum Supporter
Just came back from a long (5-day), exhausting but most fun, weekend in another European city. Fine weather, but hot, temperatures were hitting 27ºC (81ºF) in the afternoon.

The Magic, and Tiring, Kingdom
AM-JKLXKkcA8oGoB8T9S15xB9xHGDJM5JZ7Lm6wFtu2z5RStXNSaA7yZarWyYmup_QxRvdQkS-ydZUswK_8x15Ng6iTmtOMu6zj_-snv3NKvxuyC7ZfL963ncFnAa257pbKDWB8JvATHt2BnJcjCQIlEmvt2=w1024-h577-no

AM-JKLXBdv5WEyWmjXGmKRTWcuB4UIBzocSTzVRw626kxlpdWrbT5JJi3InC2eIQWG7SgkLyn02fRYax1VFNREYSZmEu2KGDKiadhWLZ-NIWE_pW22Ae0ZNvUDT2ABmv8O28SwQYZSjHWwhL9hO8Sbg1xvjY=w1024-h577-no

My kids' favorite ride
AM-JKLVqAe4espmC5zlFVImyUiuumco_JujsXOE-gBetXgdNhsk2g2QGrQqkIZhr8BRh_SfszI4SyypDIaSkzpzMTKsmGtrS_CN63cTbi5WXbwnznN8-GYgS6sdwQffR8t1RZl2R1p9X75FXCK1QgIfvOPdj=w1024-h577-no

Not Atlantic Salmon. The main lake is full of these. Bread fly, anyone?
AM-JKLWRE-kXaQGOCKYprVS6TwXKC8n-z1kaKj_7dvnIHJQfjZA_I2CHyWNGocgNya7tJUwhVhh22cHYmfvMjXOIrT9MNeL4OnVPNcwhZNpPJ9x0wXgge2OQVyFo9t-LaOoUk1T3zgk5b5JGm6ub9VoV4667=w1024-h577-no

Ping-pong in the park on Sunday
AM-JKLVDcj8IVHjv19YHwWGITGcGsS4u2jULldziTPtKtjFKuW2YXSgw_zJVxVffr9Iq7X9h9FopH-zcHib0-gDy28WL0OlJUFSZM2EibsblcnI9ix_5XkDsucaoRKv4A2KGltI13b_YGAjjhuBmx325Sifz=w574-h1024-no

C&R? What's that? Ahab would've been proud.
AM-JKLUT9zQGXB7452tib9lVFQHzUUxG9TVak4kjOBVjZ-DGvv9uWcco7EZi9JdzVlYNbACvgYPc9gmJ_ecIPiQYTMwzcbFZadGp1dbfpTpq6qc1504HUoTq9DUcBbg5Tkfdsumf6pECHqUztGNumszf9EiM=w1024-h577-no

Fetch, Rexy, fetch!
AM-JKLXyxRFL09BUSoOgV7SV9b83kT56q1nP0xC8A_8A1KTWDd3hzF-DHjcy20gb-83gn5rH6HrBdLgVjyhTQ_4pnDJzvBQ3b6iyU1n_iDKsukhy_tHXh3Q07I6GPHNtIYWRUqDsPeFKJIkV3cs45v9WBSM0=w1024-h577-no

Turning Red
AM-JKLU6L5Lbq21aEwV-0-1ZjILxqejbML3RXXZOmoLka3paxi6oae-3_zyf8bojek0zp8C8MDqD9HOFROkIVLrElZ-cV1XE9VGSfp1sxqNeGnfy3w26gSoieu3U2kqZl2rgEuqxeuYAQkeNEgls597Z0aAQ=w1024-h576-no

Kenneth

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I couldn't turn down the call of the wind on the river on Friday, so went wing foiling (my third time out). I did the same thing yesterday, but in much higher wind (20's with gusts to 30's) ) and actually got up on the foil. I've got a loooooong way to go before I can say that I know ass from elbow, but it's exciting to be out in such a gorgeous venue. I also love that it doesn't compete with fishing: nobody like to fish when its windy, and the sailing is out of the question when it's dead calm!

t_law

Steelhead
Did the worm and bobber thing with my youngest and I admit I still get a kick out of it myself, brings back some great memories. The Heron stalked us all day looking for a handout. We did oblige after a hook went too deep but I think that just gave him a little more confidence as he started to creep closer and closer. Saw Osprey, Kingfishers and Terns all making big splashes, pretty cool!
GBH_IMG_1362.jpegBL_IMG_1360.jpeg

RCF

Life of the Party
It was a holiday weekend, so I stayed home. I'm heading out tomorrow. Retirement is one of the best gigs I've ever had!
Completely agree! Going out fishing the next couple of days. Why go fight torrential rains, snow, gusty winds that blows one off the water, crowds everywhere when one can wait a day or so and have the opposite...

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
It was a holiday weekend, so I stayed home. I'm heading out tomorrow. Retirement is one of the best gigs I've ever had!

For a holiday weekend, very little traffic or folks out at least where I was.
Fished four straight days without seeing another angler.
SF

Shad

Life of the Party
For a holiday weekend, very little traffic or folks out at least where I was.
Fished four straight days without seeing another angler.
SF
I only fished Monday afternoon, but @BriGuy and I had a similar experience and enjoyed good fishing. I have almost always found solitude on Memorial Day itself (if not always the preceding Sat. and Sun.), presumably because most of the holiday weekenders start heading home that morning.

One of several "good" ones we encountered:
imagejpeg_0(3).jpg
This is kind of the opposite of a "long arm" pic; it makes the fish look smaller. Seems like I always make that mistake when holding fish, and BriGuy says his camera makes all fish look smaller.... hmmmm.

Last edited: