Search results

1. C

Twitter (called it)

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-twitter-inc-technology-4193a27d86458952542dfa2176150a01
  2. C

Fly fishing without flies. What are we doing?

The bugs are gone, or will be gone soon. What fly patterns are indifferent to the existent of bugs themselves? I've never caught anything on a mop fly, so I'm not liking my chances...
  3. C

Farewell to U(tah)

Before my move from Salt Lake to the Tri Cities later this week, my fishing buddy and I took one final trip to southern Utah over Easter weekend. It ended up being two of the most fun days fishing I've ever had... Day 1 (4/16/22) - Lake 1: Fishing was good right off the bat. Rainbows were...
  4. C

Trout-shaped cookies

Here are some of the trout-shaped sugar cookies we made and decorated as snacks for my dissertation defense yesterday. The minimalist decorating was intentional because the full icing makes it far too sweet for my taste. The royal icing was either way too thick or way too thin after adding...
  5. C

Dimensions of assembled Colorado XT frame?

Can anyone with a Classic Accessories Colorado XT Pontoon post the dimensions of the assembled frame without the pontoons? I'm looking at buying this spring (and a smaller CA Clark Fork pontoon for the gf) and wanted to know if the assembled frames could fit in the cargo area of a 2014 Subaru...
  6. C

What are you drinking?

Didn't see a thread for this topic yet... My partner bought some blackberry hard seltzers thinking they were saisons. I'm mixing this trash with low ABV Uinta lime pilsners just to make it drinkable. Wish real beer could show up here on the Utah grocery store shelves...
  7. C

NFR 2022 Baseball Thread

Baseball season might happen, but it won't be the same. The post-season won't be the same with a universal DH. The strategy around pitching and pinch hitters made baseball what it was, especially when it was all on the line. Just glad the Braves won the last true World Series. Chop on 🪓🪓🪓
  8. C

Best DIY resources for those new to the PNW?

Hey all, I'm fixing to accept a job offer in Washington's dry side. I've been fly fishing since I moved for Utah a few years ago. I really struggled at first, but also really didn't initially put in the effort needed for find success until meeting someone who became a really great friend and...