Trout-shaped cookies

cody-

Steelhead
Here are some of the trout-shaped sugar cookies we made and decorated as snacks for my dissertation defense yesterday. The minimalist decorating was intentional because the full icing makes it far too sweet for my taste. The royal icing was either way too thick or way too thin after adding water; just couldn't find the right consistency this time around...

Nonetheless, it was a good time and they tasted great 😋

IMG_20220409_130726048.jpg

Cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
Forum Supporter
Congratulations. That is a major milestone. I enjoyed mine. It was an opportunity to showcase all the cool research that I had done over many years to my thesis committee, to my gradual school peers and to the general biology faculty.
Steve

cody-

Steelhead
Congratulations. That is a major milestone. I enjoyed mine. It was an opportunity to showcase all the cool research that I had done over many years to my thesis committee, to my gradual school peers and to the general biology faculty.
Steve
It was actually a lot of fun and very memorable but so, so physically draining. Being up there for 70 minutes and then another 30 with the committee felt equivalent to a 15 mile hike haha. I'm glad I'll never have to do that again.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
It was actually a lot of fun and very memorable but so, so physically draining. Being up there for 70 minutes and then another 30 with the committee felt equivalent to a 15 mile hike haha. I'm glad I'll never have to do that again.

Thought you'd have fun. Congratulations Dr. Cody!!!

Cheers