NFR 2022 Baseball Thread

Non-fishing related

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Do any of you remember the Old Seattle Rainiers or go back a little farther. The Bremerton Blue Jackets. They were the farm team for Seattle. I was pretty young that far back. Names are a little fuzzy now.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Do any of you remember the Old Seattle Rainiers or go back a little farther. The Bremerton Blue Jackets. They were the farm team for Seattle. I was pretty young that far back. Names are a little fuzzy now.
I think thats really somethin. Any stories?

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
17 more wins and i call it a successful season.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I remember the Seattle Rainiers; they played at Sick's Stadium. Wasn't a fan tho, I was partial to the Tacoma Giants, a triple A farm team to the SF Giants in those days.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
17 more wins and i call it a successful season.
Only one team can be the champ. The rest of the fans will have to settle for entertaining or competitive baseball, or both. This year I think we are getting option "C"

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
I really enjoy minor league baseball. Although, a game at Dodger stadium is always amazing. Last week I was back in Spokane and watched the full season A level Spokane Indians game. A far cry from the AAA talent I watched there as a small kid in the early 70's, but it is a beautiful park with a ton of memories.

Even saw a Redband trout walking around (not so sure the blue dorsal is anatomically correct..maybe more of a grayling??

The big guy's uppercut swing was a towering home run to right.

reddddoooooo.jpg

indainsparrr.jpg

homerun2022insidnas.jpg

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I remember the Seattle Rainiers; they played at Sick's Stadium. Wasn't a fan tho, I was partial to the Tacoma Giants, a triple A farm team to the SF Giants in those days.

Growing up and living just a short distance away from Cheney stadium provided lots of opportunities to see young players from various organizations come through and play for both the home team and visitors.
I spent a lot of time up on tightwad hill if anyone is familiar and bought my first beer at Cheney Stadium when I was 13.
Things were a bit more lax back then and my mom wasn’t thrilled but my dad got a good laugh out of it.
SF

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Back in those days getting a beer underage was not the end of the world, like it is now.
Though 13 is a couple of years before I got mine down there.
;)
Open secret, if you could pay for it, you could get it.

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Growing up and living just a short distance away from Cheney stadium provided lots of opportunities to see young players from various organizations come through and play for both the home team and visitors.
I spent a lot of time up on tightwad hill if anyone is familiar and bought my first beer at Cheney Stadium when I was 13.
Things were a bit more lax back then and my mom wasn’t thrilled but my dad got a good laugh out of it.
SF
This disguise ought to get you more than beer back in the day.. (or maybe arrested for a crime you did not commit : )
fakeeeeee.jpg

Xoxo

SF
Ha! I know about Tightwad Hill!

ABITNF

Steelhead
Angel Hernandez took MLB to court because he's never been allowed to umpire a World Series nor been appointed as crew chief. He states it's because he's of Cuban nationality.

He lost and appealed and now as the appeal grinds along, MLB has called a spade a spade. The fact is, he's just really bad at being an umpire. I cringe anytime he's behind the plate. Good to see MLB brass calling it like it is.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Angel Hernandez took MLB to court because he's never been allowed to umpire a World Series nor been appointed as crew chief. He states it's because he's of Cuban nationality.

He lost and appealed and now as the appeal grinds along, MLB has called a spade a spade. The fact is, he's just really bad at being an umpire. I cringe anytime he's behind the plate. Good to see MLB brass calling it like it is.

Having 3 calls overturned in the ALDS certainly doesn't help....

ABITNF

Steelhead
Having 3 calls overturned in the ALDS certainly doesn't help....

Interesting read. Not only a bad umpire but kinda sleazy too.