NFR 2022 Baseball Thread

Non-fishing related

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
If Seattle didn't have that one month that they lost many more that they won. They would of been in first place in their division instead of looking up. Their game today is going to be a rough one. They finished up in Cleveland late and had to grab a jet home. They probably slept on the trip home, but there's going to be a tired bunch of ball players this afternoon trying to play baseball.

WonkyWapiti

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
That was a great game yesterday, I kept thinking it was going to get rained out since the delay went so darn long. Cal Raleigh has been really fun to watch, both at bat and at work as catcher.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I've always wondered why catchers aren't consistently the top hitters in the league. Look at all the pitches they see.

Of course if mankind could see that well we wouldn't get umps like Angel...somebody git a rope!

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
Having a young team can help with situations like this. The kids always have energy to burn.

The complete conviction and love for each other this team has is special and a huge reason they are doing what they are.

I'll be in the left field bleachers today. Go Ms!

mooseknuckles

Distinguished Degenerate
Forum Supporter
Took our kids to their first MLB game yesterday. Giants were up 3 heading to the 8th. Phillies rallied and the Giants gave up 3 in the 8th. Two on, two out bottom of the 9th walk off home run by Wilmer Flores was thunderous. Star Wars day, kids ran the bases post game and a walk off, not a bad day at the park!
C5835B2F-C78D-4488-ABE5-2EE0D0DFBB05.jpeg
DC833BB3-ABFD-454D-A9AD-FA058A2A9019.jpeg

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I went to the King Dome one time with my step son. He had tickets through the school for Baseball.. They were in the Nose bleed section. One time up there was enough. Made it to Safeco for a game. Never went back. It was along the 1st base, closer to right field.

kerrys

Ignored Member
DiPoto has done a great job as GM. You would have to want to be pissed off to have an issue with him at this point.

The Rodriguez signing look like a pretty smart move to me. Kid can play. He is signed through age 33. 18 mil per. That is a potentially huge bargain.

mariner fans should be happy.
Dipoto started to win me over when he got Santana after France was injured. Then when he traded for Luis Castillo I started to get back on the bandwagon. With the Castillo trade it was obvious the Mariners were getting serious. Rodriguez looks like the real deal. Locking him up also says the Mariners are serious. I hope he continues to get better as time goes on. I also hope he never loses his infectious enthusiasm for the game. That might be the intangible that has improved the Mariners more than any other.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Dipoto started to win me over when he got Santana after France was injured. Then when he traded for Luis Castillo I started to get back on the bandwagon. With the Castillo trade it was obvious the Mariners were getting serious. Rodriguez looks like the real deal. Locking him up also says the Mariners are serious. I hope he continues to get better as time goes on. I also hope he never loses his infectious enthusiasm for the game. That might be the intangible that has improved the Mariners more than any other.
I think he's been able to do a bit more now that the dipshit Ken Mather has been run out of town for being one of the worlds biggest jackasses. I wonder how much some of the other moves in the past he either couldn't make or had to make because he was handcuffed by Mather.

kerrys

Ignored Member
I think he's been able to do a bit more now that the dipshit Ken Mather has been run out of town for being one of the worlds biggest jackasses. I wonder how much some of the other moves in the past he either couldn't make or had to make because he was handcuffed by Mather.
Dropping Mather certainly didn’t harm the Mariners.

kerrys

Ignored Member
There's a bit of that going around.
Looking at the Mariners record over the last twenty plus years including the seven years Dipoto has been the GM Mariners‘ fans might have reason to be skeptical. If the Mariners make to the playoffs this year it will be the first Dipoto built team to make it there including his tenure at the Angels.