What have you done for your boat lately?

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Gunnels on.
E292F71D-981B-484F-AD5A-1B019A45B987.jpeg

Edit: Thank you to the person who DMed me to let me know its spelled "gunwales". "Gunnels" is an inside joke (mostly inside me) and is likely the name of the boat (thanks to the homonym of gunwales and gunnels the long fish)

Last edited:

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
Went all in on a 11’6” journey…Jeff D, Lance M and Treefrog have put up with my dithering for a yr but now it’s done. My water master must hate me, Kamloops trip story to come. Drove back on Hw97 just over a week ago. Beyond puckering. Don’t drive the passes in BC in the Winter, ever…. Dumbest thing I’ve done and poor choices are a specialty…looking forward to more comfortable fishing.

Dave

ED6856F0-1C48-46EE-BD23-9596C6FF22DF.jpegED6856F0-1C48-46EE-BD23-9596C6FF22DF.jpeg

Last edited:

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
Went all in on a 11’6” journey…Jeff D, Lance M and Treefrog have put up with my dithering for a yr but now it’s done. My water master must hate me, Kamloops trip story to come. Drove back on Hw97 just over a week ago. Beyond puckering. Don’t drive the passes in BC in the Winter, ever…. Dumbest thing I’ve done and poor choices are a specialty…looking forward to more comfortable fishing.

Dave

View attachment 49237View attachment 49237
Major jealousy at my house...!

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter

Dave

great looking Jon, like the freeboard height, obvious robust construction.
Mind my asking ballpark cost w/trailer?

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You lake geeks! I totally love it, and see myself there in a decade or so. I'll be all about the boat gear details.

Jeff Dodd

Steelhead

Dave

Beautiful boat Dave. So pleased you’re alive to use her! Look forward to anchoring up and seeing it from 2 casts away

cdnred

Life of the Party
Last few days been busy on boats....lol
Just got a Pitt Boss setup with oar lock rail mounts, anchor pulls on front and rear and fish finder and rod holder. It's pretty slick now with custom measuring guide for the big ones.
View attachment 49372View attachment 49371
Nice little boat for one person.. What's the specs, size wise, weight, can it handle a trolling motor, fit in the back of an SUV, how does it handle on the water..? I'm thinking it would tend to be blown around easily by the wind..? Pretty stable out on the water..?

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
Beautiful boat Dave. So pleased you’re alive to use her! Look forward to anchoring up and seeing it from 2 casts away
Thanks Jeff,

It is actually large enough to roomily and safely host two big lumps like the two of us….I also won’t be able to throw the coffee and bacon sarnies two casts…

Dave

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm normally quite observant, but I am kind of blind and have a penchant for asking stupid questions. So, besides a fraying winch rope, what is the problem here?
Based on the trailers I have had, seen, and used I think the (and I'm using the technical name here) rubbery dumbbell-shaped holdy-holdy thing that cradles the bow stem is gone.

BriGuy

Life of the Party
Based on the trailers I have had, seen, and used I think the (and I'm using the technical name here) rubbery dumbbell-shaped holdy-holdy thing that cradles the bow stem is gone.
I actually noticed that, but didn't see a bracket for one to attach. I also wasn't sure all trailers needed them. My trailer just has a simple V shaped bumper on an arm.