The "How was your weekend?" thread...

mark wlker

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Paid for airline reservations, hotels, shuttles, ferry services, etc, from Chino Valley, AZ. to Phoenix, AZ. to Sarasota, FL. to Englewood, FL .
Non resident FL. fishing licenses with Snook stamps.
Final destination; the "Mermaid House" on Little Gasparilla Island, FL. (think Boca Grande, FL.)
Better half and I are gonna fish some salt for a few weeks. Departing Feb. 27.

Last edited:

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
Paid for airline reservations, hotels, shuttles, ferry services, etc, from Chino Valley, AZ. to Phoenix, AZ. to Sarasota, FL. to Englewood, FL .
Non resident FL. fishing licenses with Snook stamps.
Final destination; the "Mermaid House" on Little Gasparilla Island, FL. (think Boca Grande, FL.)
Better half and I are gonna fish some salt for a few weeks. Departing Feb. 27.

Your island stay looks awesome….looking forward to pics and a report 👍

Fourbtgait

Steelhead
Hmmmm.
Today take the dog for a 1.5 mile training walk.
Finish sanding paint/texture on a wall, prep for adhesion primer.
A 3 mile relax walk with dog.
Fix gas grill, wash dog blankets.
Kind of a slow day

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Weekend was pretty good. I did take the kids out for stocker trout on Sunday. The fish had been in the lake about 2 weeks so I figured they'd be prime for trolling up. These flies I posted didn't do anything for us, although I only tried a green one. I got about an hour on the water with them which is pretty decent, and we hooked 2 in that time (on wee Dick Nites), both of which came off boatside, which caused a whole range of emotions in the crew. I think an indicator setup might've worked but I got all of 2 minutes of soak time before the crew asked to go back on troll. The snacks were a hit and we stopped by the river to throw rocks and stuff after fishing, and while we were walking out to the water, kid #1 told me it was shaping up to be a "top ten day" so I'll take that as a success.

IMG_0228.jpeg

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
... Good, I think, seems we may have bought a pond in the Poconos, oh, and it comes with a nice little house and a few acres. Made the offer Sunday evening, accepted this morning ...

CHEERS!!!!!
Congrats. I looked at a lot of places last weekend. So overwhelming.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Congrats. I looked at a lot of places last weekend. So overwhelming.
We've been looking since last August, had several offers out, but lost to competing bids, now I'm happy about missing out on a couple, this place could be/will be special.

Hang in there!!

cheers

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
We've been looking since last August, had several offers out, but lost to competing bids, now I'm happy about missing out on a couple, this place could be/will be special.

Hang in there!!

cheers
Thanks, and happy for you. Trying to move mom over, and we're looking for a place where we could live together and take care of her. Wife and Mom are really both good with it, but I'm shopping for enough room for all. Just can't find a duplex to buy.

Last edited:

RCF

Life of the Party
Fished a local lake Friday and caught some trout - all over 15". Saturday the lake was planted so no fishing for a couple of weeks. Instead power washed all the decks, patio, and walkways. Sunday is fixing some leaking pipes. At least it still involves water.. :whistle:

BTW I HATE plumbing. But plumbers are way too expensive for things that can be fixed as a DIY project.

Last edited: