The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Tuna trip was cancelled, but that meant I could join the 5-family camping excursion to Fort Ebey State Park, and my birthday was Sunday, that was all fun. I packed salmon fly fishing gear but actually never made it down to the water until we stopped at Rosario Beach on our way back home.

View attachment 83538View attachment 83539
Sharp object^
View attachment 83540View attachment 83541

Trip and fall hazard^

View attachment 83542
View attachment 83543
Happy birthday!

JayB

Steelhead
Took the climbing gear out of the gear-closet/mausoleum for the first time since 2017.

Always thought it was sadly ironic that when I was finally in a place to move my gear from tubs stuffed wherever to a proper gear closet was about the time it became next to impossible to get out and use it.🤣

20231001_124049_capture.jpg20231001_155134.jpg

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Always have fun catching fish on Dries in places where you have to use small nymphs. Actually my wife caught all the fish, i sucked and my photo taking is pretty bad too! :) size 10 purple chubby on the dream stream section of the South Platte20230927_145004.jpg

Doublebluff

As sure as your sorrows are joys
Forum Supporter
OK, this is a few weekends, maybe a summer’s worth. First, a nice sunrise on a recent trip to the river. I love ground fog.
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 7.13.24 AM.png

I had a day on the coast that was pretty good. I probably caught twice as many surfperch as I have, total, ever before in my life. It was pretty much automatic for about an hour and that was enough for me.
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 7.15.50 AM.png

I had some great rainbow fishing this summer all over the state. Here are a few of the fish- three very separate places.
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 7.14.53 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 4.08.24 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 4.11.49 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 7.08.21 AM.png

At one spot I went back with a big bag because there was so much trash. Had a good garbage karma day.
Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 4.12.15 PM.png

Got my tent out a few times.
Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 4.10.34 PM.png

Fishing was reeeaaally slow here, but what a place!
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 6.31.54 PM.png

I did get my tiger trout, but it was a struggle.
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 7.14.13 AM.png

Hit a Whidbey beach and got this fella-
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 7.18.39 AM.png
I gave the pink to a guy next to me, I haven’t gutted a fish all year. I got a coho to my feet but lost it. It still counts.

This lake is always special- tough hike, but cutty fishing is very good.
Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 4.11.08 PM.png

Go get ‘em-

Divad

Whitefish
OK, this is a few weekends, maybe a summer’s worth. First, a nice sunrise on a recent trip to the river. I love ground fog.
View attachment 84569

I had a day on the coast that was pretty good. I probably caught twice as many surfperch as I have, total, ever before in my life. It was pretty much automatic for about an hour and that was enough for me.
View attachment 84570

I had some great rainbow fishing this summer all over the state. Here are a few of the fish- three very separate places.
View attachment 84571
View attachment 84572
View attachment 84573
View attachment 84580

At one spot I went back with a big bag because there was so much trash. Had a good garbage karma day.
View attachment 84574

Got my tent out a few times.
View attachment 84576

Fishing was reeeaaally slow here, but what a place!
View attachment 84579

I did get my tiger trout, but it was a struggle.
View attachment 84575

Hit a Whidbey beach and got this fella-
View attachment 84577
I gave the pink to a guy next to me, I haven’t gutted a fish all year. I got a coho to my feet but lost it. It still counts.

This lake is always special- tough hike, but cutty fishing is very good.
View attachment 84578

Go get ‘em-
What a real nice flipper on the 6th photo, that rainbow can move!

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Took mom out in the boat at her local (happens to be Mayfield) yesterday. Safest way to get her in the boat was on a step ladder in the parking lot. I kept it slow to the launch. :)

She went 3 for 5 on a trolled chartreuse wedding ring tipped with shrimp. She brought the shrimp. I went 2 for 3 (1 trout & 1 pikeminnow) on my green & black bugger. She wanted to see a musky so I did a little casting in some of the likely places, but no musky seen. She was happy taking 4 trout back to the house.

It was a great day.

IMG_20231008_204833.jpg

IMG_20231008_204836.jpg

Thanks,
Stacy

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Had a pretty awesome weekend.

Trucked on down to PDX for a whirlwind trip to fish with @Evan B, ride my bike, and see some friends/loved ones. Learned a ton about gear fishing salmon on the Columbia and caught my first Chinook. Also got to try out the Gateway Green pumptrack/dirtjumps with a friend. Super bonus, ran into an old buddy there I hadn't seen in many years. Less bonus, went down like a sack of potatoes on the pumptrack after hitting a slick spot. A great burger and some beers with my brother soothed the ego. The trip up and down I-5 was even pretty easy both ways.

1696995653039.png

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter

Trucked on down to PDX for a whirlwind trip to fish with @Evan B, ride my bike, and see some friends/loved ones. Learned a ton about gear fishing salmon on the Columbia and caught my first Chinook. Also got to try out the Gateway Green pumptrack/dirtjumps with a friend. Super bonus, ran into an old buddy there I hadn't seen in many years. Less bonus, went down like a sack of potatoes on the pumptrack after hitting a slick spot. A great burger and some beers with my brother soothed the ego. The trip up and down I-5 was even pretty easy both ways.

View attachment 85566
Damn, wish I could of joined you two!

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

View attachment 85566
Awesome. It the pump track built for both mtbs and bmx? Would my XL 27.5 hardtail work on that thing? I've been wanting to try it.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Awesome. It the pump track built for both mtbs and bmx? Would my XL 27.5 hardtail work on that thing? I've been wanting to try it.
The PDX pumptrack is an asphalt Velosolutions one, so works for anything that rolls on two wheels. Trail bikes are tougher on dirt pumptracks because of their slow soft tires/suspension and they beat up the berms more with the knobbies. Ashphalt ones are faster generally, so the loss of speed shouldn't be as much of an issue.

MVDan

Smolt
..A few weekends ago but still a weekend. My daughter and I went backpacking in the Rainier area, she caught her first fish on the fly rod. It was a great weekend. Lots of eager brook trout in this lake.

Attachments

• IMG_4072.jpeg
    IMG_4072.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3708.jpeg
    IMG_3708.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The PDX pumptrack is an asphalt Velosolutions one, so works for anything that rolls on two wheels. Trail bikes are tougher on dirt pumptracks because of their slow soft tires/suspension and they beat up the berms more with the knobbies. Ashphalt ones are faster generally, so the loss of speed shouldn't be as much of an issue.
Awesome. Yep, pump up the tires and put the fork on lockout. Thanks!

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Had a good steelhead trip even though I went 0-1. Can't win em all and I got to tussle for about 20 seconds.
My buddy went 1-1. And on a steelhead trip, that sort of means I went .5 for 2 right? ;)
At least I got to net her for him.

Perfect little 1-salt hen. Absolutely perfect.

Screenshot_20231016_132040_Gallery.jpg