The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Coach Potter

Life of the Party

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This is crappy! I have several friends who have lost their homes or lake places. My favorite summer camp as a kid is also gone...it’s sad to see.
Decades of memories, or at least the structures associated with them, erased in an afternoon. Makes ya sick.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Similar experience here this weekend...

After an unfortunate bat in the bedroom experience due to a warped screen, I was in the ER getting my first round of rabies vaccinations. Just got shot #4 today. Two more to go.
Better than my buddy who last month had an unfortunate encounter with a bat at the bottom of the Grand Canyon on a rafting trip and had to then be helicoptered out. I don’t know the full story since I haven’t seen him in person yet.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Similar experience here this weekend...

After an unfortunate bat in the bedroom experience due to a warped screen, I was in the ER getting my first round of rabies vaccinations. Just got shot #4 today. Two more to go.
Ok this is really weird... I was on the phone with the weekend nurse on duty. She said my story was the second weirdest she's heard, the other was a lady that got bit by a bat :oops:

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Sounds like the otters and the bison got some new recruits.
Hope everything turns out OK.

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Those damn roosters can kick hard. Tricep was like jelly the rest of the day, swollen up, should make a nice bruise, that and the blood thinners kept it flowing for a while.
Wife made me kill all my roosters, but I don't blame her. I'd wrestle around with him every now and again and he got smart and quick, drew good blood on me a couple times. Was only a matter of time before the wife or grandkids got really hurt.
They're tuff little buggers.

Hope you heal up quick.

....and hope you turn into batman Thomas Mitchell. The world needs a hero

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Hit up a bluegill pond a few times. Got a bike ride in. But mostly worked on cleaning the house up and having a pile of teenagers over.

For the record, ducks are more fun as pets than chickens but the eggs aren't as good.

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
Hit up a bluegill pond a few times. Got a bike ride in. But mostly worked on cleaning the house up and having a pile of teenagers over.

For the record, ducks are more fun as pets than chickens but the eggs aren't as good.
For the record, ducks are the worst pet I've ever had. Maintaining their water was a daily PITA, and they are the most sexually violent critter I've ever encountered. If you know, you know. If you dont, use the google. I've seen enough corkscrews for my lifetime.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
For the record, ducks are the worst pet I've ever had. Maintaining their water was a daily PITA, and they are the most sexually violent critter I've ever encountered. If you know, you know. If you dont, use the google. I've seen enough corkscrews for my lifetime.
We have two ladies, so don't have the corkscrew issue. Though we still see the sexual aggression.

But they are quieter than chickens and more enjoyable to watch generally. My wife switches their little pond once or twice a week and we change their drinking water every day. It's not any more of a hassle then dealing with chicken maintenance overall.