The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Went lake fishing Saturday. First time fishing freshwater in over a year. Good chironomid hatch and the bobber went down a lot, but all stockers with a max of 12”. Usually this lake produces a good amount of carryovers like it did last year, but not this year.
Way to hot for my liking to be sitting in a boat. Boat launches are always interesting places on hot days. The hot weather was drying out my rust patina.
Back to the beach yesterday with some nice temps back in the low 50’s.
SF

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I watched the Dragons in the XFL playoffs
The league is fun to watch but:
The QB’s lack the same accuracy you get use to in the NFL
The receivers miss a lot of balls that should be caught
I like the kickoff rules
I like the extra point rules
I like the penalty challenges
And I worked in the garden

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
I watched the Dragons in the XFL playoffs
I like the kickoff rules
And I worked in the garden
I like the rules a lot better than I thought I would.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I like the kickoff rules
I would agree with most of that.

I also tend to forget when they are on and miss games. I'd meant to watch a few more than I have over the season.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
A little bit of tiling work, well, over the last several weekends.

How it looked when we started:
DSC05326 copy.jpg

Bathtub out, shower in:

1685641744884.jpeg

Next up, new floor:

DSC05343 copy.jpg

Pretty much done, just waiting for the shower door:

DSC05357 copy.jpg

Now, on to the other bathroom.

Cheers

Hem

Life of the Party
Went out for some morning stillwater.
Call it a success , a dozen to the net, but more exciting was catching Browns, Rainbows, Brookies.
Strong fish, maybe too strong, the Brown in the pic wasnt having any part of being held above the net.
20230604_111541.jpg20230604_113644.jpg20230604_092524.jpg

VMP

Steelhead
Had to decide where to put this post since it has a bit of a bunch of many threads here, such as "What are you eating" (spit-roasted lamb, cherry wood), "What are you drinking" (lots in quantity and variety, portos, Malbecs, Cabs, Campofiorin, Zinfandels...), "2023 Garden Thread" (garden herbs for homemade salmuera and chimichurri), "Cast & Blast" (supercharged potato gun), "Pizza Oven thread" (nothing too fancy but kept people fed while the lamb slowly roasted), "Puget Sound" (disappointing as ever as background of a great day with friends), "Rain" somehow was kept at bay. So it ended up here in the "How was your weekend thread" (a fantastic post COVID reunion of lifelong friends from around the world).

1687213525386.png

1687213268788.png

1687213394491.png

1687213446523.png

1687213144955.png

Last edited:

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Had to decide where to put this post since it has a bit of a bunch of many threads here, such as "What are you eating" (spit-roasted lamb, cherry wood), "What are you drinking" (lots in quantity and variety, portos, Malbecs, Cabs, Campofiorin, Zinfandels...), "2023 Garden Thread" (garden herbs for homemade salmuera and chimichurri), "Cast & Blast" (supercharged potato gun), "Pizza Oven thread" (nothing too fancy but kept people fed while the lamb slowly roasted), "Puget Sound" (disappointing as ever as background of a great day with friends), "Rain" somehow was kept at bay. So it ended up here in the "How was your weekend thread" (a fantastic post COVID reunion of lifelong friends from around the world).

View attachment 69522
View attachment 69519
View attachment 69520
View attachment 69521
View attachment 69518
You know it's entirely OK to start your own thread, right? ;)

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Nothing too thrilling this weekend for me. Weather was "meh" and the wife wasn't feeling awesome. Caught a few gills and tiny bass at a local little puddle. Baked some bread. Prepped some of my fake-o no salt bacon-ish strips. Did chores around the house. Ran the kids to various friends houses. Pretty mellow.

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
Happy Belated Father's Day to you dad's out there.

I did a Bucket List check off of sorts. Maybe this 'pails' in comparison (yep...a dad joke) to other lists out there, but it made me happy.(y)

I'd been wanting to spend some time exploring the Gifford Pinchot National Forest so my oldest son and I did a little car camping thing and fished a couple lakes.

Overall the weather was crummy but we had a few hours Saturday morning when the skies were clear.
IMG_E6075[1].JPG

This lake had a ton of eager rainbows in it. Most were smaller guys and I should have remembered to bring my 3wt...but there were some 12-14 inch fish that put a bend in my 5wt and sure were pretty

IMG_E6072[1].JPG
We moved to another lake that afternoon and my old iPhone battery didn't like the temperature change so no more pic's. I would have sworn this higher lake had been winter killed until my son caught a couple of beautiful browns just before we left (after 3 hours of nothing but wind and rain)

We woke the next morning to a dusting of snow and still chillier temps. My son has an old school tube and was not interested in sitting IN the water all day so we agreed to fish a third lake until noon and then head out. I wish my phone would have worked because some of those brookies were beautiful. Plus, the rainbows in this lake had a green tint that I don't recall seeing before and sure were pretty.

That's it...simple and pleasant...and now I get to start painting a couple sides of the house...yuck. :(

Anyone else make some memories with your kids?

Mike d