The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
Pretty good weekend…my favorite teams went 2-1. The CHS Vikings beat Rocky Mountain to move to the semi-final game of the the Idaho 5A state tournament...headed to Boise Thursday morning.

My oldest boy’s team got beat but his brother’s team won. All 3 of us will be in win or go home games this weekend🤞🏽C87E3639-A3D8-4274-8F11-E0B42CE05460.jpeg

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Wine tasting/pickup of Saturday ..
PXL_20231104_220102293~3.jpg

Fishing on Sunday at the trout ditch. It fished very well.....this is probably one of the last of these I'll see out there until spring...it really wanted a piece of me.
PXL_20231105_205011229.jpg

🍻

JudyM

Steelhead
Well, not really on the weekend, but was rearended last Wednesday night. Some gal from Marysville, Washington who let her friend from Arizona drive her Volvo XC90 rearended the Mazda SUV. And the Mazda rearended my Ford Exploder. The rear bumper skin needs to be replaced/painted and the cover over the tow package. Fun times ahead....

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Well, not really on the weekend, but was rearended last Wednesday night. Some gal from Marysville, Washington who let her friend from Arizona drive her Volvo XC90 rearended the Mazda SUV. And the Mazda rearended my Ford Exploder. The rear bumper skin needs to be replaced/painted and the cover over the tow package. Fun times ahead....
It’s a bummer.

I’ve been rear-ended three times in the last few years on Seattle area freeways.

Last edited:

dep

Steelhead
Shawn: you got it down.
I see all the clowns were at Lenice. sorry I missed the circus

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
It started off with a bang. We went down to Boise to play the undefeated top ranked Eagle Mustangs and came away with a 7-6 win and a trip to the title game at Idaho State in Pocatello this Saturday...what an amazing experience!

Unfortunately my boys both lost their games and were eliminated from post season play. The upside is that they’ll both be home for Thanksgiving.

dep

Steelhead
fished the Trask river in Tillamook. pretty much filled the freezer with Fall Kings. awesome trip with limits of kings from 17-30 from a drift boat.
yes, it was meat fishing, but amazing. I will share guide service via PM's for interested parties.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
It was an amazing weekend with a sad ending. We played for the Idaho 5A state title Saturday afternoon and came up short losing to the hometown Highland Rams 35-28. Playing or coaching in a title game is experienced by few and I am so grateful for the experience. However, the final game of the season is always a sad one.

The emotions of seniors playing their final game never gets easy. Only one team wins their final game of the season if you’re in the playoffs, you just hope it’s you.

I have spent 5-6 days/week with these guys since we started strength and conditioning January 2nd. It was a long road to an undesirable ending that I would do all over again without blinking. I’m ready to hunt and fish for a while😀. IMG_6352.jpeg

JudyM

Steelhead
Sorry, Coach. Tell your kids that the Seahawks feel the same way. (Except it isn't the hawks last game). Hugs and go fishing.

RCF

Life of the Party
Been busy for last few weekends building a carport for the kid's cars:

carport.jpg

The good news is the metal roof will go on this weekend and project will be finished...
Installed over 1000 self-tapping screws so far. The bad news is 300 more self-tapping screws remaining. Talk about being screwed...

Last edited:

David Dalan

Just Hatched
Among the myriad of things I have done since I was a regular poster here or on the "old site", I became a guide. Long story. But anyway, we were in our first parade and the kids and I had a blast. Will do again. I am trying to participate in community things more, since I think its important to be a part of my community. And a little shameless self promotion never hurt.

2023-12-02 18.49.57.jpg

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I saw Southall (formerly Read Southall Band) at the Tractor Tav Saturday night. They rocked it like always! Wight Lighters opened and also rocked it.
It was a sold out show and my first concert at the Tractor. They do a good job there.

The last time I was at the Tractor was WAY back. Like back when I could actually count on catching a steelhead the next morning. Been a while!

20231209_220119.jpg

Hem

Life of the Party
Staying home for the holiday, no travel to West coast or East coast.
Means I can fish.
Yesterday was challenging weather but the tail end of a mild week so I figured water temps were favorable.
Fish were fully charged. One 17" bow nearly took me to my backing.
20231223_135821.jpg20231223_142355.jpg

ksnouf

Just Hatched
Had a nice weekend. Received a bunch of Bonnie cords from John Reed. He's listed in the classified forum. Fast shipping. I also went down to the dock here in St Lucia and bought a 15-pound grouper at $15 XCD a pound... that's about $5.55 a pound. Not too bad but the price is high right now. Was less than $4 a pound last year. But good eating.