Rain

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Yesterday I talked to a friend of mine in E'burg. He's building a boat in his shop and says it's slow going and he's burning a lot of propane to keep the shop heated and now it's starting to thaw.... here in SoCal, it's raining. My grandson set his "pool" under the downspout and filled the pool so he could test his RC water toys.
IMG_3451.JPG

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yesterday I talked to a friend of mine in E'burg. He's building a boat in his shop and says it's slow going and he's burning a lot of propane to keep the shop heated and now it's starting to thaw.... here in SoCal, it's raining. My grandson set his "pool" under the downspout and filled the pool so he could test his RC water toys.
View attachment 100352
Nice assist by his sister!

RCF

Life of the Party
Terms for deluges of rain and wind due to El Nino: Pineapple Express and Atmospheric River

Now there is a new one (at least to me): Bomb Cyclone

Northern California to be hit by a Bomb Cyclone and Atmospheric River this weekend.

RCF

Life of the Party
Western Washington this weekend:

Hydrologic Outlook
WAC009-027-029-031-033-035-041-045-053-055-057-061-067-073-272130-

Hydrologic Outlook
National Weather Service Seattle WA
219 PM PST Fri Jan 26 2024

...THREAT OF RIVER FLOODING THIS WEEKEND INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK FOR
PARTS OF WESTERN WASHINGTON...

An atmospheric river pattern will persist through the weekend. This
will result in rainfall across western Washington with periods of
moderate to heavy precipitation in some areas. In addition, snow
levels will rise well above 7000 feet through the same period. This
will lead to sharp rises on streams and rivers throughout the area,
increasing the potential for river flooding. Moderate to heavy rain
may lead to roadway ponding and minor nuisance flooding at poor
drainage areas.

Precipitation moves northward Sunday night into Monday, with the
focus for the heaviest precipitation on Monday across the northern
Olympic Peninsula and perhaps the northern Cascades.

This prolonged period of rainfall will keep the Skokomish River
above minor flood stage for several days, and likely rise into
moderate flood stage on Saturday.

In addition to hydrologic impacts, there may also be an elevated
landslide risk this weekend into next week.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Slides are great for the environment. 😁

In some cases they are. 😂
On Puget Sound, the slides provide sand to replenish eel grass beds in areas that aren’t armored by railroad tracks, sea walls, bulkheads etc. 😉
SF

JudyM

Steelhead
Isn’t that where the fish live; hence, where our fishing spot is? 😂
It is a spot at the confluence of the Clackamas and the Willamette rivers. If fish lives on asphalt, ok...... The river flooded the small asphalt parking lot. Sorry, should have clarified, just doing the womanly short cut thing. I am guilty!

Last edited:

JudyM

Steelhead
Used to be could not even get to the portapotty.....just on the other side of the trees is where I fish on the "Blacktop". Park maintenance crew got smart and moved it to higher ground.

Attachments

• New Year 2009 007.JPG
    New Year 2009 007.JPG
    939.3 KB · Views: 13

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
It is a spot at the confluence of the Clackamas and the Willamette rivers. If fish lives on asphalt, ok...... The river flooded the small asphalt parking lot. Sorry, should have clarified, just doing the womanly short cut thing. I am guilty!
I used to stop at the parks on both sides of the Clack with my boy, every other weekend, on the way to Kelso for parent-kid exchange. McDonalds first then fun in the park. They do flood a bit sometimes; after the BIG flood, the boat ramp seemed to become inaccessible.

JudyM

Steelhead
I used to stop at the parks on both sides of the Clack with my boy, every other weekend, on the way to Kelso for parent-kid exchange. McDonalds first then fun in the park. They do flood a bit sometimes; after the BIG flood, the boat ramp seemed to become inaccessible.
The inaccessible boat ramp is at the Clackamette Park. The current undermined the concrete of the boat ramp. Oregon City was going to build another boat ramp west of the current one. I guess getting the permits was such a hassle, the boat ramp will not be built. I do remember the food of '96.