Rain

These days you're seeing more and more guys just getting ANGRY when it rains. At least when it snows you can get into an Alcohol Environment!! I got into an Alcohol Environment after it snowed last time. Otherwise when it rains I've decided I'm just gonna get ANGRY!!!!

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Will wonders never cease: My neighbor is out there with his leaf blower blowing away the graupel...

SMFH!
You can't let that stuff accumulate. You gotta get rid of it before it melts!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Just an FYI for the Oregon folks on here.
Be careful out there!
SF

IMG_6244.jpeg

RCF

Life of the Party
Ice storms are no joke. Up to 1/2" accumulation. YIKES!!!

Be very , very careful out there. Better yet stay inside!

Last edited:

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Just an FYI for the Oregon folks on here.
Be careful out there!
SF

View attachment 99700
We really didn’t get snow in my neck of the woods, it was more like that graupel stuff/freezing rain/iced over whiteness. Saturday was more like driving on snow; Sunday stayed home all day, but walking was a bit tricky; Monday was slicker yet walkin and the roads were a bit clearer and slick in places. Straight freezing rain has happened before in the mid valley, but some think it’s new phenomenon each year…more unprecedented too. 😉

Last edited:

RCF

Life of the Party
I remember a freezing rain a number of years ago. We lost 50+ trees along our driveway. I pulled out of the garage and several trees had fallen across the driveway. Listened to trees cracking everywhere. Stopped and decided to put the jeep back in the garage. Came back with the chainsaw and a larger tree fell where I was going to park. My neighbor lost over 150 trees. It took us months to clean the mess.

Last edited:

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I'm definitely not a fan of out of control sledding, had a couple cracked ribs as a result.😧
So this one time when I was kid growing up down south we had a significant freezing rain event, and me and a buddy were roaming around the neighborhood with our sleds looking for good runs and decided to hit a very steep, unmaintained grass slope. The long grass had frozen standing straight up, like 8-10 inches tall in places. I don't know if I went down face first on my first run, but at some point I did decide to go down face first, which was a very, very bad idea. The tall ice grass blades functioned as actual blades as I flew down the hill, and when I finally stopped in front of the tree line, my face was all cut to hell. Ah, good times.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
We had a large hill near the house I grew up in. Great sledding when it snowed.
One year a guy showed up in a big boat like Cadillac and attempted to go up the hill while we were sledding. After multiple attempts and failures, he finally gives up. About a hour later, the same guy showed up, but this time in a Jeep. Everyone is like WTF is the deal with this guy???
I guess his point was to prove he could climb the hill, which he did.
What he probably didn't anticipate was about 40 adults and kids pummeling his Jeep with snowballs. That thing took some serious lumps. :ROFLMAO:
SF