Rain

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
The inaccessible boat ramp is at the Clackamette Park. The current undermined the concrete of the boat ramp. Oregon City was going to build another boat ramp west of the current one. I guess getting the permits was such a hassle, the boat ramp will not be built. I do remember the food of '96.
They were still using it after ‘96; my boy wasn’t born yet. I’m thinkin of the flooding after, that moved the river channel away from the ramp (I think).

JudyM

Steelhead
They were still using it after ‘96; my boy wasn’t born yet. I’m thinkin of the flooding after, that moved the river channel away from the ramp (I think).
It has been blocked from using it.

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
El Niño has been doing as expected with lots of rain to our south this winter. More to come starting this weekend.
SF

IMG_6337.jpeg

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
El Niño has been doing as expected with lots of rain to our south this winter. More to come starting this weekend.
SF

View attachment 101972

The house we've rented is getting drenched but it sits about four feet above the street so the house is safe and dry despite this warning that startled us a few minutes ago:

IMG_3532.PNG

Three days ago the area was hammered (2" here), Long Beach had quite a bit of flooding (we're perhaps an hour from there). Our daughter's house is also well situated for this weather.

The day after the last storm, I saw multiple locals watering their lawn. California.

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
The house we've rented is getting drenched but it sits about four feet above the street so the house is safe and dry despite this warning that startled us a few minutes ago:

View attachment 102182

Three days ago the area was hammered (2" here), Long Beach had quite a bit of flooding (we're perhaps an hour from there). Our daughter's house is also well situated for this weather.

The day after the last storm, I saw multiple locals watering their lawn. California.
Stay Safe 🤞

RCF

Life of the Party
@Buzzy , thank you for filling us in on what is happening. Just before dinner tonight I was thinking about you and your family and wondering. Maybe show us some pics of before and after regarding the beaches. Others too?

Very little coverage on TV. Even TWC has minimal coverage unlike the East Coast and down South coverage.

I been known to go to the coast just to watch huge storms come.

Stay safe and enjoy the nice weather once it returns...

RCF

Last edited:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
@Buzzy , thank you for filling us in on what is happening. Just before dinner tonight I was thinking about you and your family and wondering. Maybe show us some pics of before and after regarding the beaches. Others too?

Very little coverage on TV. Even TWC has minimal coverage unlike the East Coast and down South coverage.

I been known to go to the coast just to watch huge storms come.

Stay safe and enjoy the nice weather once it returns...

RCF
Thanks, Chris! )
We still have lots of rain but it isn't torrential (right now and no wind (for now?).

I don't have a camera (just an iPhone) so capturing a decent picture isn't easy (besides, my wife and I are hunkered down working on a jigsaw puzzle).

IMG_3534.PNG

The first atmospheric river we enjoyed (December 22), the sidewalk below the house was flowing a couple inches deep towards the ocean but really, nothing compared to many parts of California. We're thankful for our good fortune.

IMG_3349.jpg

The strand along the base of the bluff here in Redondo Beach was flooded by storm surge. I guess this is a pretty rare occurrence. It's fascinating to watch the ocean, the surf (those crazy surfers who braved the storm surge) and see how the beach changes from day to day.

On Saturday my 6 year old grandson conned me into going to the beach ("we won't get wet, Jiji"). We had a great time building an invincible dam and retrieving driftwood then tossing the wood into the surf and following it as it floated down the shoreline, retrieving it and repeating until a sneaker caught us and got us pretty wet "won't get wet" ;-). It wasn't warm, we laughed and headed home.

Thanks again for the well wishes.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Transitioning from El Niño to La Niña, even if a weak one would be a good thing for our fish.
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Yeah 6 months out…maybe!

I’ll take a La Niña, even a weak one over El Niño no matter when it comes. 😉
After the blob of 2015 and sitting on the sidelines in 2016, I don’t want to give WDFW any more reasons to overreact and restrict our fishing opportunities.
SF

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I’ll take a La Niña, even a weak one over El Niño no matter when it comes. 😉
After the blob of 2015 and sitting on the sidelines in 2016, I don’t want to give WDFW any more reasons to overreact and restrict our fishing opportunities.
SF
I hear ya. I think I am just getting worn out by people's hand wringing about something we cannot control, making predictions that we are either totally screwed or totally fine, when really, nobody friggin knows how the next few months will play out with snow/precip/temperatures. Not saying that's you. Just..."people."

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
I hope the weather tomorrow translates to a bunch of snow in the mountains so we can catch up on our snowpack.
SF

IMG_6627.jpeg
IMG_6628.pngIMG_6629.jpeg

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
After a bit of snow last night, wind and rain are picking up here now, a balmy 36⁰.
Tomorrow will be quite an unpleasant day it looks like, got no interest in 45 mph winds.