New Classifieds Requirement

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
More like 13% and eBay thinks it’s fair to take that out of the shipping cost as well! They are already raping their sellers and they have to nickel and dime the shipping cost?!?! Shameless man!
Do I correctly understand the seller is paying this 13% fee? What fee(s) besides the bid price or buy it now price and shipping does the buyer pay? (As you can tell, I have no eBay experience, but I have been looking for a specific reel).

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Do I correctly understand the seller is paying this 13% fee? What fee(s) besides the bid price or buy it now price and shipping does the buyer pay? (As you can tell, I have no eBay experience, but I have been looking for a specific reel).
You will also have to pay state sales tax, but there are no buyer's fees

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter
No... it’s totally reasonable... if it was up to me I would make this whole damn website a ghost without “membership” too much easily obtained information. Not saying to directly hotspot, but geographical arena info passed on is always nice. Changing back to the original issue, brand new first post buyers/seller, and the sequential wam bam ripped you off man was out of control on the former site. Skin in the game is good. @ CDNRED pony up some loonies, I do appreciate your comments on this board.

Last edited:

Greggor

'Schooled' by Roy Patrick
Forum Supporter
Would it be helpful to communicate anything regarding first dibs? It seems there is an informal process to post desire (to queue up), then PM seller. This doesn't always work out with seller claims of receiving earlier PMs only (sometimes meaning an acquaintance came late to the game, I want them to get it). Maybe that's okay? Not everyone camps on the Classifieds.

I have always been curious, it's not clear. Perhaps a can of worms?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Would it be helpful to communicate anything regarding first dibs? It seems there is an informal process to post desire (to queue up), then PM seller. This doesn't always work out with seller claims of receiving earlier PMs only (sometimes meaning an acquaintance came late to the game, I want them to get it). Maybe that's okay? Not everyone camps on the Classifieds.

I have always been curious, it's not clear. Perhaps a can of worms?
I think this needs to stay between those involved in the transaction. It's ultimately the decision of the seller who they want to deal with.

Greggor

'Schooled' by Roy Patrick
Forum Supporter
I think this needs to stay between those involved in the transaction. It's ultimately the decision of the seller who they want to deal with.
Agreed. However the majority here that follow the unwritten guidelines sure make this a better place. 🙂

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I'm getting to old to make everything right. But I try.

I can't even spell that 25 cent word

XLO

Just Hatched
Very smart way to avoid scammers. Gotta work on my post count but will definitely sign up as a forum supporter. Count me in.

Never was scammed on WFF after selling 100+ items. But it sounds like the scams are getting worse.

JS

Mankie Old Chum
That’s what they do on Archery Talk, and it works as a mitigation tool. Def slows the scammers down, but they are persistent.

Roadglideguy

"Spawned and so done"
okay I am confused here...to be listing anything on this site I need to be a financial "contributor"? I see how you guys benefit not sure how it protects me? Wish you well but I am out of here! Freshly spawned and now floating downstream...

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
okay I am confused here...to be listing anything on this site I need to be a financial "contributor"? I see how you guys benefit not sure how it protects me? Wish you well but I am out of here! Freshly spawned and now floating downstream...
Thanks for stopping by

And just in case you didn't read the thread: we're pretty transparent that a part of this requirement is indeed to benefit those of us who maintain the site. If you want to use the platform that costs us significant time and money to sell things, we ask for a small contribution. Anyone who doesn't agree with that has infinite other options throughout the internet to list for "free." But I encourage you to read through the thread to understand our position.

Last edited:

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
It protects you by knowing you are buying from someone who has taken the time to be at least minimally a part of our fly fishing community. Most of the scams are drive by new members. This is one simple and relatively cheap way we wish to counter that. It appears we are not the site for you and that is fine however this is a labor of love for Josh, Evan and I and I can assure you our goal is not to get rich but to protect our growing community.