A hoody that will elevate your next adventure

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
The Lightweight Hoody from Free Fly is nothing short of amazing. Made from a blend of certified organic bamboo and quick dry material, this buttery soft hoody redefines comfort. Colors are great, fit is perfect, and the hood doesn't feel like a grocery bag. Pair with the shorts I recommended a few months back and you can begin to focus on what matters, living the lifestyle of freedom.

Well done Free Fly. Well done.
L8VPdFIT_o.gif

Intermediary_Fishing_1000x500@2x.jpg

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
The Lightweight Hoody from Free Fly is nothing short of amazing. Made from a blend of certified organic bamboo and quick dry material, this buttery soft hoody redefines comfort. Colors are great, fit is perfect, and the hood doesn't feel like a grocery bag. Pair with the shorts I recommended a few months back and you can begin to focus on what matters, living the lifestyle of freedom.

L8VPdFIT_o.gif

If I was to wear something like that while fishing I would be soaking wet in about a hour of playing with a fly rod.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I have never owned one, but after a conversation with my mother the other day about sun protection on the water, this showed up in the mail yesterday. She takes such good care of me. Fit is spot on.
20220730_153942[1].jpg

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter

L8VPdFIT_o.gif

When I got MRFC's email yesterday and read the subject line "$350 OFF SAGE X RODS BACK AGAIN! | Free Fly & Howler SALE!" I thought, Oh nice, a free fly. Glad you like the hoody!

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter

L8VPdFIT_o.gif

Why is that guy climbing up on the beer table?

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
I will stick with Simms. I like that the current version has the hood designed fit over a ball cap. Prevents the wind from blowing the hood off.
And the cap's bill keeps more sun out of the eyes.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
cool broski....sick hoodie! I think all of your brochachos will totally dig it.

I really like my Patagonia ones, thanks for the info though.

There's nothin' "free" in Freefly clothing, but prices are surprisingly competitive.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Exofficio Solis. I wish it had a chest pocket or two and an integrated face shield but it does have thumb holes and helps keep me UV protected, cool, and stealthy during piscatorial pursuits.

1659225519152.png 1659228592911.jpeg

Last edited:

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
If we are bashing hood's that fit like grocery bags, I'm out of here, f'n gone

Just like with pants, I now prefer my hoods to have a tailored fit.

I really like my Patagonia ones, thanks for the info though.

Up till now the Patagonia Capilene Cool Daily has pretty much been my go-to. I've got like 4 or 5.

This one smokes Patagonia.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Up till now the Patagonia Capilene Cool Daily has pretty much been my go-to. I've got like 4 or 5.

This one smokes Patagonia.

cool brochacho, I'll check it out!

that's some sick stuff, broski!

Last edited:

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
I would be willing to bet that is their first and last time on a poling or casting tower. Photo reminds me of the wannabes from Miami who would show up on weekends in The Keys, barefoot in shorts with no shirt but always sporting a new Buff. You know, for sun protection and image is everything.

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I would be willing to bet that is their first and last time on a poling or casting tower. Photo reminds me of the wannabes from Miami who would show up on weekends in The Keys, barefoot in shorts with no shirt but always sporting a new Buff. You know, for sun protection and image is everything.
If my girl poled me around the flats, I'd be in a pretty good mood most of the time.

Griswald

Steelhead
Dude's got a hot girl, cold beer, fly rod in hand, and the most comfortable hoody on the planet.

#winning
Do you work for Freefly?

No worries, as my wife ordered me 3 new pairs of their shorts because the first two pairs are getting a bit long in the tooth. They are, in my opinion the most comfortable and best shorts I have ever worn. I wear them basically every day June-Oct.