A hoody that will elevate your next adventure

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
“Dang honey, Swimmy was right. That’s a good looking hoody. And it feels great. How 'bout you get me one!” - said your woman after you buy this shirt.

creekx

not crate trained
That chick is dialed
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

Sp22_Collection_Heroes_Water.jpg
Impressive! And the pole isn't brass!

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Hoody or not, a woman who can pole the boat while you fish is an amazing find. Perhaps more amazing than finding a woman who can both clean and cook your fish to perfection.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Hoody or not, a woman who can pole the boat while you fish is an amazing find. Perhaps more amazing than finding a woman who can both clean and cook your fish to perfection.
Even better if she owns the boat. 😂
And for Swimmy, if you grew your hair out like hers you wouldn't even need a hoodie. :)

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Even better if she owns the boat. 😂
And for Swimmy, if you grew your hair out like hers you wouldn't even need a hoodie. :)
It's risky, but I've been known to joke that I met my wife by posting an online ad that went: "Man seeks woman who loves fly fishing and has her own boat and truck. Please send photos of truck and boat." So she sent me a photo of her Eddyline kayak on her Toyota Tacoma pickup.

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
I can already tell, by looking at the photos, that the hoods on these are far too small (and tight). I want the largest hood possible, so I get more protection from the sides and more airflow.

I swear by Baleaf hoodies. The hoods are massive and they're $25 each. I own 4 of them and haven't used my (much more expensive) Simms, Patagonia, North Face or Columbia hoodies since.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
I can already tell, by looking at the photos, that the hoods on these are far too small (and tight). I want the largest hood possible, so I get more protection from the sides and more airflow.

I swear by Baleaf hoodies. The hoods are massive and they're $25 each. I own 4 of them and haven't used my (much more expensive) Simms, Patagonia, North Face or Columbia hoodies since.

Hey, thanks for the link. It lead me to more options to cover my fat butt

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Trees don’t have legs and fish know it… 😉
I wonder 'bout that...
A week ago on Saturday I fished a stream using a T-rod along with 2 experienced fly angler friends; one using a Tenkara rod for the 2nd time fishing wet flies, and one with a western rod & reel fishing dry flies. I was wearing that "Green Bayou" camo shirt and face gaiter, a camo bucket hat, and wet wading in the tiger stripe ABU trousers with the black knee & shin pad neoprene wading gaiters.
1659458625258.png
My friends both had some fish hooked-missed-LDRd but nothing to the net.

I had missed a couple with my goto and pre-rigged wet fly (Takayama Pheasant Tail - Olive Ice Sakasa on a #12 hook) 1659457301382.jpeg
*I lost the fly in a plunge pool with a lot of submerged branches so I tied on on an EHC and missed a strike. I put the fish down so I moved on and tied on another Takayama Pheasant Tail wet fly.
I got my timing down and landed an 8" Cutt. But I shortly lost two more of those flies, snagging up in another plunge pool rocks and a tree*. I usually only carry 3 or 4 of each fly pattern so I switched to the same fly but with a hotspot; also #12, that I used for the rest of the day.
20220802_074256.jpg
In the evening as we were back at the cars gearing down two anglers with fly rods & reels walked out to their car. I struck up a conversation with them and discovered at least one of them was euro-nymphing, saying he was learning to cast a nymph rig. I mentioned the similarity with Tenkara casting and that I practice overhead and sidearm casting at home into a 3" jar lid in a 10" pie pan at 15'-24' depending on the rod length, suggesting he might try that. One of my friends asked how they did and they hadn't landed anything.

Over the course of the day, out of the 5 anglers, the weirdo in camo with a T-rod was the only one who landed fish; 6 Cutts to the net and 5 hooked-missed-LDRd. Hmmm 🤔

Tenkara Ninja Emoji 2.jpg

Last edited:

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Exofficio Solis. I wish it had a chest pocket or two and an integrated face shield but it does have thumb holes and helps keep me UV protected, cool, and stealthy during piscatorial pursuits.

View attachment 25278 View attachment 25283
BTW, I compared the fabric weights of the Exofficio Solis vs the FREE FLY Lightweight Bamboo hoodies:
Exofficio Solis 50 UPF 100% polyester knit = 3.69 oz sq yd / 125 GSM
FREE FLY Lightweight Bamboo 20+UPF 70% Bamboo Viscose/ 30% Polyester = 180 GSM

@swimmy I'm in a dilemma! What makes the best outfits between the Exofficio Solis and FREE FLY camo hoodies, and the Aqua Design Green Bayou shirt + Mission Bucket Hat, and my OCP and ABU trousers?
1659461792661.png1659461893019.png 1659462814963.png1659462953066.png

1659461973625.png1659462211451.png

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
I wonder 'bout that...
A week ago on Saturday I fished a stream using a T-rod along with 2 experienced fly angler friends; one using a Tenkara rod for the 2nd time fishing wet flies, and one with a western rod & reel fishing dry flies. I was wearing that "Green Bayou" camo shirt and face gaiter, a camo bucket hat, and wet wading in the tiger stripe ABU trousers with the black knee & shin pad neoprene wading gaiters.
View attachment 25654
My friends both had some fish hooked-missed-LDRd but nothing to the net.

I had missed a couple with my goto and pre-rigged wet fly (Takayama Pheasant Tail - Olive Ice Sakasa on a #12 hook) View attachment 25649
Then I got my timing down and landed an 8" Cutt. But I shortly lost two of those flies, snagging up in plunge pool rocks and a tree. I usually only carry 3 or 4 of each fly pattern so I switched to the same fly but with a hotspot; also #12, that I used for the rest of the day.
View attachment 25650
In the evening as we were back at the cars gearing down two anglers with fly rods & reels walked out to their car. I struck up a conversation with them and discovered at least one of them was euro-nymphing, saying he was learning to cast a nymph rig. I mentioned the similarity with Tenkara casting and that I practice overhead and sidearm casting at home into a 3" jar lid in a 10" pie pan at 15'-24' depending on the rod length, suggesting he might try that. One of my friends asked how they did and they hadn't landed anything.

Over the course of the day, out of the 5 anglers, the weirdo in camo with a T-rod was the only one who landed fish; 6 Cutts to the net and 5 hooked-missed-LDRd. Hmmm 🤔

View attachment 25651
I smoke fine cigars and drink cold beer and slay the hell outta the fish…no camo necessary either. 😁

Last edited:

GLC

Smolt
Just recieved my 9 dollar hoodie😁View attachment 25922Honestly the fabric is soft and lightweight, well made and tight nit, nice fit in the tall size, and for 9 bucks I think is a steal of a deal...
Not another cheap hoody thread! Sorry, but I can't understand why anyone would want to take the most important link between an angler and the sun and not ensure that the link between the two is as good as possible. Sorry, couldn't resist, marketing be dam.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
By the time crude oil refined by products are turned into polyester, I'm not sure they qualify as organic compounds any longer. Man, organic chemistry was so, so long ago! Aren't all carbon based compounds organic?

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Not another cheap hoody thread! Sorry, but I can't understand why anyone would want to take the most important link between an angler and the sun and not ensure that the link between the two is as good as possible. Sorry, couldn't resist, marketing be dam.
It's not cheaply made. It's very well made.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
It's not cheaply made. It's very well made.
But what is the SPF and fabric weight? Didn't see either of those indicated in the product details. $9 is a good deal though, especially compared to the $69 Simms and Patagucci.