NFR 2022 Baseball Thread

Non-fishing related

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
It will be interesting for sure what happens to him when you see things like the Nationals Juan Soto turning down a $440 million dollar contract.
SF
Lol

.330 winning percentage, guess that 440 mil was not enough money to spend the best years of your life in the NL East cellar.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Lol

.330 winning percentage, guess that 440 mil was not enough money to spend the best years of your life in the NL East cellar.

They are rebuilding…..oh wait, we’ve heard that before. ;)
He does have a ring though from those bottom dwellers.
SF

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Just read that a 21 year old MLB star had someone break into his $480,000 car and steal $350,000 in jewelry. Maybe there is a god.
Edit: In the interest of accuracy it has been revealed that the value of his jewelry was actually 650K. Now I really feel sorry for him.

Last edited:

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Julio Rodriguez is going to look terrific in Yankees pinstripes a couple years from now.
Yeah, I hadn't even heard of this guy until the All-Star game since I don't follow the M's. But now that I know how good he is what potential he has, I'm wondering how long before they trade him for a broken down name-brand veteran that was an all star 11 years ago plus a player to be named later.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Julio R won $750,000 in the home run derby. That's more than his yearly salary of $700,000. That's a lot of green for an untested player rookie. The owners sure like to throw a lot of money around.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Yup, the Ms streak is over. 0-2 versus the Astros so far.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I’d love to see the hometown 9 go on a 0-14 streak.
SF

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Julio R won $750,000 in the home run derby. That's more than his yearly salary of $700,000. That's a lot of green for an untested player rookie. The owners sure like to throw a lot of money around.
Then im glad you dont work in the back office.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Then im glad you dont work in the back office.
The first job I had when I came out of the service was at Boeing. I got the great sum of $1,60 an hour. This was in 1956. While in the Army my biggest monthly pay was a whopping 72 bucks a month. I was rich.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
The first job I had when I came out of the service was at Boeing. I got the great sum of $1,60 an hour. This was in 1956. While in the Army my biggest monthly pay was a whopping 72 bucks a month. I was rich.
As a teenager doing summer construction I was getting $2.50 an hour. I'd never seen so much money in my life! I had to invent ways to spend it all...

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
5-0 Astros
Top of the second 😩
As much as I’d like to I just can’t get behind the Seattle Mariners.
When does football start?
Right- couple of weeks

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
5-0 Astros
Top of the second 😩
I was literally about to type this. I will do everyone a favor and turn the game off cause everytime i say, "ill just record it" they win. Turning off..................................................................................now.

RCF

Life of the Party
The good news is they got 14 in a row. They now know what it is like to win. They needed to build up a buffer because they knew right after the Allstar break they would be playing the two best teams in the league. After those series the teams they play are all below 500 (I believe).

Still a chance to win a bunch more...