NFR 2022 Baseball Thread

Non-fishing related

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
....and don't get me started on the "shift"
When I played ball, I loved rippin a hit down the left field line…the other team would soon shift over toward left field…after a couple of at bats.
Then the strike down the right field line was usually good for a triple, if not an inside-the-parker.
Practice sprayin the field purposely and you’ll do it come game time. 😉😁

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Raise the mound to where it was before and call the true strike zone….. it’s a simple fix. Batters now have to swing …Batter batter swing!!!!

RCF

Life of the Party
I wrote that I wasn't going to waste any more brain cells on the "M's". But they are playing some pretty good BB about now. They have their Ace pitching today Gilbert, the only 10 game winner. I'm surprised they are better than a month ago. The All-star game is coming up they seem to get in a slump after that game. We'll just have to wait this out to see if they can keep this going.

I agree. It has been fun and entertaining to see the M's play, hit and pitch well... Hope they keep it up...

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
I think their record at any time of the season is indicative of their quality as a ball club.
Baseball as a sport has too much variance for that to be true most of the time until 100+ games into the season. Take the Braves last year, they won less regular season games than the Mariners yet won a championship. I don't think any rational observer would have pegged the 2021 Mariners as a championship quality team.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Okay so the umpires suck, the announcers are the worst and the management is inept but it appears that some young guys with a big S on their caps did not get the word. Given this may not last but if you don't enjoy watching what is happening right now you probably don't enjoy what baseball can be like at its best. Crazy game.

RCF

Life of the Party
Just think how much the M's would of won by if they could gotten a hit in those two early innings when bases were loaded. Last in the league with hits when bases are loaded.

Just wanna have us on the edge of our seats?

Last edited:

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Anyone want to plan a game and bring the gloves and ball? I would pay to have someone smack my leather like old times again.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I haven't seen a single complete game of the 11 win streak. And now I'm sure if I try the streak will be broken! Oh what to do? I did tune in for a few minutes last night and got to see the inside the park home run though. :)

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I live in Montana. A third world country. I changed to Dish about 2 years ago. My contract runs out in September. Going back to cable. I haven't watched a "M's" game since. You get tired just watching Yankee's and Redsox's That's just about the only game on Dish. A lousy excuse for TV viewing. God I hate it.(n)(n)