NFR 2022 Baseball Thread

Non-fishing related

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The good news is they got 14 in a row. They now know what it is like to win. They needed to build up a buffer because they knew right after the Allstar break they would be playing the two best teams in the league. After those series the teams they play are all below 500 (I believe).

Still a chance to win a bunch more...
It is optimism like that that has kept the Mariners funding a sub .500 team for 45 years now. The least successful pro team on the planet.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
If they have been playing baseball here in Seattle for 45 years now and never got to even sniff the world series. I guess that they really suck at the game of Baseball. At least the Seahawks got to three Super Bowls, won one and they should of won two. Play calling sucked.

RCF

Life of the Party
It is optimism like that that has kept the Mariners funding a sub .500 team for 45 years now. The least successful pro team on the planet.

The real reason why the Mariners remain in Seattle is the value of the team has gone from $100M (1992) to $1.7B (2022). It is a great money maker for the owners ---> losing record and all...

Last edited:

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If they have been playing baseball here in Seattle for 45 years now and never got to even sniff the world series. I guess that they really suck at the game of Baseball. At least the Seahawks got to three Super Bowls, won one and they should of won two. Play calling sucked.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Remember when that Bahlmer guy bought the Clippers
Billion dollars
People thought he was crazy
I’ll take that all day long

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I don't care if you're an Ms fan or not, watching Julio Rodriguez play baseball is pure entertainment. It was 1989 the last time we got to watch such a player first hand.

I cannot express how much I enjoy watching such a talented player who so obviously enjoys playing the game of baseball.

That kid is the real deal. And I am 100% here for it.

Last edited:

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
3 days left to trade......mariners are the worse at trades.......they must be happy around .500. Say goodbye to October if they don't pump up the roster.

IDIOTS!

creekx

not crate trained
3 days left to trade......mariners are the worse at trades.......they must be happy around .500. Say goodbye to October if they don't pump up the roster.

IDIOTS!
They suck at trades, but you want them to make a trade? If teams are asking for Kirby, Gilbert, Hancock, Brash or other top talent in a trade for temporary help I hope the M's tell them to suck it. If they can get a starting pitcher who will be under club control for a few years then they can listen. They should not mortgage their future for a run this year. The playoffs would be great, but they still have a ways to go to be a real contender.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Yeah, their next 4 game are against the Houston. Are they gonna choke again. Then there is the Yankees coming up. There and at home. It won't get any easier for a while.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Ok.....we got another pitcher.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
He's supposed to be a star pitcher. He only has a 4 wins and 4 loses. Can't be much of a star. He sounds like a so-so pitcher. They trade away more prospects. Will they ever learn.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Lius Castillo, can he right the ship?

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Lius Castillo, can he right the ship?
I don't think so. His combined totals in Pitching is that he has lost more than he has won. Last year he won 8 and lost 16 games. I think they get screwed again. How do you get star pitcher out of them Stats.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
2.86 era this year with 90 SO.

Not a bad acquisition.

If win/loss records mattered......there would be No Mariners fans.....just fools.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
There's a difference ?
;)

Castillo is a good pitcher, on a bad team in Cincy.

Mariners roster is full of guys who played for Cincy...not sure if that is good or bad.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Well the loser today was a pitcher I never heard of. He's also from Cincy. His bio doesn't even have any stats. He's been in their org since 2014 And that other pitcher from Cincy doesn't even show up on the Mariners roster. Are they getting screwed over again ?

I should quit commenting on BB cause I seem to bring bad luck to them.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Fantastic start to this road trip through the first four games for the hometown nine.
Let’s hope it continues in New York.
SF