Puget Sound

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Started the day two hours before the high.
Great action for the first 45 minutes to an hour. Good number of fish to hand and not many casts without getting a grab. Lots of jumping targets but I didn’t see any fry.
Things went quiet the last hour of the incoming.
Once the outgoing started up things picked up again with more fish landed amongst all the targets. Tons of fry on the outgoing with some good blitzes with multiple fish attacking schools.
Called it a day at 2:00 with fish still showing.
Was good to see a bunch of different age class fish. A small soft hackle that does a good job of imitating chum fry did most of the damage.
Had a good chat with my friend John and member @Go Fish
A few pics from today.
SF

CB09A806-8918-42DB-95E1-6F5B5DA80CCB.jpeg25614830-247F-4A0D-84D7-53C2671EB2E6.jpeg161BB460-B5C7-4763-884F-ACAC1726BDE3.jpegD4757D09-150C-49B8-8E96-A899F286867C.jpeg6DFD5073-A48D-4025-821F-81D871A53336.jpeg9872D1D3-19EC-4E3C-A53A-92B7F2B646D2.jpeg9A754E84-3B1D-49F0-98A0-89258018A855.jpeg99B8E1A7-585D-4F85-B3BE-BA29B0281532.jpeg

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Had stuff to do this afternoon so hit a local MA 10 beach. Caught a few cutts that need to fatten up.
The crabs were having fun doing their business.
SF

1169C96F-9F2C-47A3-870B-B6386C46C69B.jpeg9AEEC97D-A699-426D-AF0D-68D80BE5D869.jpeg7597326D-4214-4065-9D19-352EE737086E.jpeg

Divad

Whitefish
I’m very proud and thankful to share my first beach caught resident on the fly! Deep South 13.

Have jigged them, trolled/mooch'd them on both fly and conventional but always thought this bank fly resi thing was a 🦄. Lost one soft take, no cutties and in the 1.5 hrs saw 4 or 5 fish surface.

IMG-5060.jpg

So many chum fry schools swimming about. Dang do I want to learn this resident silver game, mouth watered a little on the release.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
I’m very proud and thankful to share my first beach caught resident on the fly! Deep South 13.

Have jigged them, trolled/mooch'd them on both fly and conventional but always thought this bank fly resi thing was a 🦄. Lost one soft take, no cutties and in the 1.5 hrs saw 4 or 5 fish surface.

View attachment 13283

So many chum fry schools swimming about. Dang do I want to learn this resident silver game, mouth watered a little on the release.

Nice work.
Those little coho are really tasty if you are so inclined.

Anyone seeing any pink fry? I think I’ve seen a few schools as they had kind of a teal blue back, but can’t 100% verify.
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Interesting tides this weekend.
Not often you see less then a 4” exchange let alone tides that are only a little over three hours apart.
Good sleep in tide….
SF

FAF6A8ED-BE77-4478-8110-1CE66E740CAD.jpeg

Divad

Whitefish
So Saturday deep 13, probably start around 9:45 or so, grabbing ice this go round. Tempted to bring the pontoon out for help with wind positioning.

Beats inside dickn in the shop or casting into the few thousand river jalopies in sw wa that travel for hours down the funnel to a small spout.

BryanG

Just Hatched
Please keep the reports coming (esp. those from deep MA 13 :) ). I can live vicariously through the fishing reports as literally every second of my free time this spring continues to be taken up by Little League baseball and softball. While I wouldn't have it any other way, I still have a hankering to get out on the salt!

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Nice work.
Those little coho are really tasty if you are so inclined.

Anyone seeing any pink fry? I think I’ve seen a few schools as they had kind of a teal blue back, but can’t 100% verify.
SF
I saw a small group of fry last weekend, not many, around 20ish. It was not bright out yet so couldn't make out the color.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Please keep the reports coming (esp. those from deep MA 13 :) ). I can live vicariously through the fishing reports as literally every second of my free time this spring continues to be taken up by Little League baseball and softball. While I wouldn't have it any other way, I still have a hankering to get out on the salt!
Good on you with your support of youth sports. Needed now more than ever IMO.

BryanG

Just Hatched
Good on you with your support of youth sports. Needed now more than ever IMO.
Thanks. I’m neck deep in City of Seattle little league. What’s kinda nice is that there are a ton of opportunities for parents to step in and help out. No one does, so more choices for me! I’m umping my daughter’s league (which is surprisingly stressful) and then assistant coach for my boy. I just bought his team some of that press on eye black. They’re gonna be an intimidating bunch of 8 year olds!

BryanG

Just Hatched
Little league got rained out today, so I had a hall pass and was free to fish.

Winds just didn’t want to cooperate. I checked out a few places and thought about fishing, but that’s about all. Didn’t work out today, but man, this state is still really pretty. Gig Harbor I see you!

One of these days, things are going to fall into place!

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Started at about 7:30 this morning.
Burned most the day fishing a gurgler / chum fry dropper combo. Didn’t feel bad about doing that as the tidal movement absolutely sucked just like the chart said it would, so not a bad day to experiment.
Probably would have gotten more fish with just the chum fry, as the top water game is low reward as far as hook-ups go. If you like watching fish miss your fly, it’s great viewing.
Most of the fish showing themselves were jumping way out of casting range and that quickly died. I ended up walking about three miles up and down the beach trying to find fish and current.
I put on a dumbbell sandlance pattern at the end of the day and that produced a couple of fish.
SF

AB9E8FD2-4695-40FB-8C15-E553E18C8184.jpeg27343BA8-3D24-425E-B4CF-F92CAD67142D.jpegAE062015-4E11-4F19-BCDA-A5A3B5C984F0.jpeg