NFR NFL 2023 Season

Non-fishing related

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Aaron Rogers "Because I still have that fire and I want to play and I would like to play in New York, it’s just a matter of getting that done at this point.” (My bold) - couldn't be a very bright fire if he had to go into darkness for however many days to find it (I find him to be a bit of a self-indulgent pratt, I sure wouldn't sell the farm for him).

Cheers

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Rodgers will need that fire when he enters the darkness that is the NY Jets.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman

Jenn Sterger scandal

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Brett Favre.....what an embarrassment.

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Danta Hightower announced his retirement. No Linebacker has consistently been better in Superbowls. Her is a quote from his announcement about one particular play he made that often gets overlooked:
"When I saw Seattle line up in that I-form, I knew Beast Mode was getting it, and I knew they’d been gashing us with that strong-side lead all game," he explained. "I knew he was going to walk through a huge hole if I didn’t take a risk. It’s funny how things come full circle, because when I was at Alabama, Kirby Smart used to always tell us, 'Never ever go behind a block unless you’re sure you’re going to make a play.'

"Well, I wasn’t sure. But I figured we had nothing to lose. So I ripped up under Okung and shot my shot. All I saw was Marshawn’s two legs churning, and I just prayed to God that I could clip him up or something. I reached out ... and you already know what happened next."

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Denver declined to renew John Elway's contract...
One can only survive so long on the back of convincing Manning to join the team (a high risk move in itself at the time)...I love Elway, but he sucked as GM. At least he has the self awareness to see it and went out and hired Paton...

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Why would Paul Allen's sister want to sell? I'm pretty sure the team makes a profit, and owning it comes with significant prestige, if that matters. It's not like she needs to sell a team to pay her rent or utility bills.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Why would Paul Allen's sister want to sell? I'm pretty sure the team makes a profit, and owning it comes with significant prestige, if that matters. It's not like she needs to sell a team to pay her rent or utility bills.

She is required to do so per Paul’s wishes within his trust, of which she is the trustee. Same for the Trailblazers
He wanted his money to go to causes he supported.
SF