DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Trey Lance still a 49er?

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
How long does Stafford stay? For basically $50 mill a year too... :ROFLMAO:
Tough Q?

Rams still have three of the best players in the league. Stafford is turning 35 but still has one of the best arms in the NFL, And one of the greater heads behind a center. Darnold past the 30 age number but he’s a beast of a man and still in his prime MHO…Kupp > stud under 30. Kupp is the man you can’t believe until he smacks you in the face with his ability… it’s deceptive.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Tough Q?

Stafford is turning 35 but still has one of the best arms in the NFC

Fixed.

Just seems like the Rams are in rebuild mode, which is tough given their all in approach the past 5 years or so. Maybe they recoup some picks but not all of them.

To be honest, given the rookie pay scale, I'm starting to think 1-2 rounds picks aren't what they used to be. The draft is a crap shoot, but you are paying 10-15 mill for a top 15 pick after a couple years regardless. Round 3-5 is where GMs make their money getting value.

Of course I say that as a Niner fan who have no early round picks but have found super value in the mid rounds.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
No, Stafford’s arm is one of the best in the NFL…. Has A+ in all the measurables. Because of his time with Detroit, I don’t think many know how special of a talent Stafford is/was Much like Archie Manning was with the Saints.

He has nothing to prove. Rumors of him retiring?? He is top tier-top grade A arm and has a good head on the shoulders. One of the best. And the numbers back it up.

He has some amazing numbers and feats and to think most of it was accomplished playing for Detroit. 😯. He was the reason Detroit was competitive at times. He’s the reason the Rams won a Super Bowl. He a bona fide Texan Stud -Georgian peach - Lion at heart and ram headed tough QB !!

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
No, Stafford’s arm is one of the best in the NFL…. Has A+ in all the measurables. Because of his time with Detroit, I don’t think many know how special of a talent Stafford is/was Much like Archie Manning was with the Saints.

He has nothing to prove. Rumors of him retiring?? He is top tier-top grade A arm and has a good head on the shoulders. One of the best. And the numbers back it up.

He has some amazing numbers and feats and to think most of it was accomplished playing for Detroit. 😯. He was the reason Detroit was competitive at times. He’s the reason the Rams won a Super Bowl. He a bona fide Texan Stud -Georgian peach - Lion at heart and ram headed tough QB !!

Lot of "was" in that post. At 35 its not like he's getting better, and it looks like the team is trading off most of its talent.

Would you trade him for:
Maholmes
Burrow
Allen

I would

Bugmeister

Staying Gold
Forum Supporter

He might have an excellent arm and a good head on his shoulders, but the neck he had connecting his head to his shoulders had a pretty scary injury this past year. Has he recovered from that?

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Stafford will return. However, the RAMS need to rebuild their O-line and running game to keep him healthy. 11+ draft picks in April will help. They will likely use some money to add in some affordable veterans.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Lots of movement.
Darren Waller to the Giants. Could be a good move for the Giants if he stays healthy.

He may not be too happy though considering he just got married to ex Husky BB player Kelsey Plum who plays for the WNBA Vegas Aces.
SF

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Lots of movement.
Darren Waller to the Giants. Could be a good move for the Giants if he stays healthy.

He may not be too happy though considering he just got married to ex Husky BB player Kelsey Plum who plays for the WNBA Vegas Aces.
SF
I like Waller a lot…however, only played 22 games the last three seasons…he has a perennial hamstring injury

Raiders picked up WR Jacoby Meyers from NE

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
I couldn't stand McGlinchy. Terrible in pass protection. Hoping they can resign Brendal though.

If the Raiders don't draft a QB they certainly need a good back up. They don't call him Jimmy Glass for nothing.
look up 'hubris' in the dictionary, there is a picture of Lamar Jackson next to it.
No agent, no contract...the NFL restricts player agents to 3% on contracts, and still Lamar and his family are
blazin-saddles-we-dont-need-badges.gif

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
If for some reason the Rodgers negotiations fail at the last minute, the Jets are gonna pay him…

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
In terms of soap operas, Rodgers is right up there with 'Days of Our Jive', 'All My Little Bastards' and 'As The Stomach Turns'. Like Brett Favre before him he is an ultimate Headline Whore who thrives on attention and goes to ridiculous lengths to get it. It would sure be nice if he would just take his millions and go play in his own sand box and leave the airways open for some actual news.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
In terms of soap operas, Rodgers is right up there with 'Days of Our Jive', 'All My Little Bastards' and 'As The Stomach Turns'. Like Brett Favre before him he is an ultimate Headline Whore who thrives on attention and goes to ridiculous lengths to get it. It would sure be nice if he would just take his millions and go play in his own sand box and leave the airways open for some actual news.
When he started dating Blu of the earth and that Shailene girl it really went off a cliff. I remember him saying he did Ayahuasca with goal of, "feeling true love."

Dude you want to be a gyspy give up your millions and go for it. Bye. It's all just a fragile ego act though.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Aaron Rodgers might be the most self absorbed, selfish egomaniac in sports today…I hope the Dolphins, Pats & Bills crush him twice each this season…

Oh, and Go Raiders!

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The Niners still should have drafted him over Alex Smith all those years ago. They probably would have won a couple more SBs by now. But it sure has been fun knocking him out of the playoffs year after year, and I'm glad they aren't part of this train wreck.