NFR NFL 2023 Season

Non-fishing related

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Why would Paul Allen's sister want to sell? I'm pretty sure the team makes a profit, and owning it comes with significant prestige, if that matters. It's not like she needs to sell a team to pay her rent or utility bills.

It’s Paul Allen’s directive, to liquidate all his trust assets and donate

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
She is required to do so per Paul’s wishes within his trust, of which she is the trustee. Same for the Trailblazers
He wanted his money to go to causes he supported.
SF
If the teams are profitable, seems like keeping them and donating the profit to those causes could yield more benefit long term. But wishes are wishes, so there's that. Thanks for the info.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
If the teams are profitable, seems like keeping them and donating the profit to those causes could yield more benefit long term. But wishes are wishes, so there's that. Thanks for the info.

I get a feeling she'd like to hold onto the Hawks as long as possible based on her statements, but she also has to follow the directives of the trust.
She mentioned it might take 10-20 years to unwind his estate, but the clock is ticking.
SF

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Is she up against a deadline?
I recall reading a quote from her (I think the same one Stonedfish is referring to) where she mentioned the complexity (she said 10 - 20 years to unwind the estate) and also pointed out there's no timeline. Also, there's a provision in the referendum that funded the construction of the field that requires the Seahawks to give WA state 10% of the gross sale price if they sold before May 2024. Guessing they wouldn't rush to sell for 90% of the value.

edit: found the article:

But her statement said there is no timeline for any sale.

“The time will come when that changes given Paul’s plans to dedicate the vast majority of his wealth to philanthropy,” her statement read, alluding to the teams not being for sale for now, “but estates of this size and complexity can take 10 to 20 years to wind down. There is no pre-ordained timeline by which the teams must be sold.”

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Tough pill for a Niner fan to swallow. Playing the Packers was almost like a bye week. :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to his first round playoff loss media session in NY.

RCF

Life of the Party
NY fans are a tough bunch and let it be known loudly if they are not pleased. Rodgers is in for a big awakening.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Aaron probably has little concern for the fan base.
Its all about the millions.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I just hope AR is as successful in the season following his trade as Little Russ was during his.
Unfortunately the Jets defense is very legit, he has a decent receiver core, and I think the Bills aren't as good as they were last year. They are definitely in the playoffs...but they are not getting past the Chiefs in the AFC...