New Classifieds Requirement

Greggor

'Schooled' by Roy Patrick
Forum Supporter
You guys are doing a great job fleshing out the 'Classifieds' rules of the road. I appreciate the clarity. It's fair that you give folks one bite at the apple, but I'm sure the vast majority of us don't want you subjected to running an open Homeowners' Association Meeting. 🤪

Mumbles

Steelhead
Forum Legend
The other option could be that all potential sellers have to pass the Freestone background check! If the seller passes the first round of internet sleuthing and his/her references check out, the next step is to meet in person. The prospective seller then has to take me out on their best local waters. This seller qualification process will last for as long as I think it should, depending on the abundance and quality of the local waters, LOL! If I feel that the person has put in enough effort to prove themselves and their fishing ability, and of course, has impressed me with their knowledge of and the quality of their favorite waters, I will let the guys know that the seller is approved! This is a much better option, IMHO, than coughing up $5!

Let the applications for the Freestone background check begin! 🤣
You do not want this option. Freestone leaves no stone unturned and you better not have anything to hide.

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Appreciate the efforts by the new mods. I don’t post often but spend more time looking at and posting in classifieds. Will gladly pay $5 for your efforts once I figure out how

RCF

Life of the Party
The other option could be that all potential sellers have to pass the Freestone background check! If the seller passes the first round of internet sleuthing and his/her references check out, the next step is to meet in person. The prospective seller then has to take me out on their best local waters. This seller qualification process will last for as long as I think it should, depending on the abundance and quality of the local waters, LOL! If I feel that the person has put in enough effort to prove themselves and their fishing ability, and of course, has impressed me with their knowledge of and the quality of their favorite waters, I will let the guys know that the seller is approved! This is a much better option, IMHO, than coughing up $5!

Let the applications for the Freestone background check begin! 🤣

I would do this in a heartbeat as long as @Northern could teach @Freestone how to fish first.

BTW there would be a $5 entrance fee for all those that want to watch this happen...

I made a one-time donation but learned (after the fact) that would not earn me the coveted Forum Supporter designation (my own fault; did not read the fine print). So now I need to make a monthly donation to post in the classifieds?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I made a one-time donation but learned (after the fact) that would not earn me the coveted Forum Supporter designation (my own fault; did not read the fine print). So now I need to make a monthly donation to post in the classifieds?
You absolutely qualify. Like it says in the support post, you just have to give us a heads up to get the badge if you go that route.

Anyfish

Just one more cast...
Appreciate the efforts by the new mods. I don’t post often but spend more time looking at and posting in classifieds. Will gladly pay $5 for your efforts once I figure out how
It's pretty easy. Click on your account and account upgrades, enter some info and that's it.

rattlesnake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Appreciate the help. I found the link to the PayPal in the financial support thread and sent it through that. Hopefully it’s not a pain to the mods to link it back to my account

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
This classifieds plan is 100% PhilR-Endorsed(tm)

Divad

Whitefish
Is it $5 a month for the supporter or $5 total? I thought I read per month.

Link to $5 payment?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Is it $5 a month for the supporter or $5 total? I thought I read per month.

Link to $5 payment?

Any donation is fine

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
More like 13% and CommieBay thinks it’s fair to take that out of the shipping cost as well! They are already raping their sellers and they have to nickel and dime the shipping cost?!?! Shameless man!
They also take 13% of what the buyer pays in sales tax! My last sale on eBay of $750+$15 shipping+tax netted me $630....

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
More like 13% and CommieBay thinks it’s fair to take that out of the shipping cost as well! They are already raping their sellers and they have to nickel and dime the shipping cost?!?! Shameless man!
"Commiebay"??
They're not taxing you and redistributing it to lessor sellers, they're taking it for themselves in pure profit.
That, gentlemen, is free market capitalism at its finest! Take your un-American whining elsewhere ;)

But, to summarize; PNWFF good, ebay bad