NFR Golfers in

Non-fishing related

longputt

Steelhead
Do a lot of people look at these score cards? I keep getting sales reps wanting me to buy advertising on them.
I can't remember ever looking at the back of a card...maybe you could have a watermark on the score side? But you'd have to be careful it didn't make the score hard to read.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I can't remember ever looking at the back of a card...maybe you could have a watermark on the score side? But you'd have to be careful it didn't make the score hard to read.
Then the bullshit on the score side will match the sales bullshit on the back. Neither side means a damn thing.

Embossed naked lady tees would be far more effective...but you can't do that anymore.

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
As an upland bird hunter I wonder, after you shoot a round of golf, what do you do? Boil them?

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
As an upland bird hunter I wonder, after you shoot a round of golf, what do you do? Boil them?
Unlike bird hunting (where the game carcass provides relatively irrefutable proof of success) a round of golf success is only subject to the participant's level of credibility among peers....and the participant's willingness to buy rounds of drinks.

creekx

not crate trained
I was curious who our best golfer is here and Golfman just put his name at the top of the list.
I wanna know who has the best foot wedge game.

My best round ever was like an 84 or 85 at the CdA Resort Course - the one with the floating green. It is a friendly course though, as the fairways seem to slope inward which helps keep you out of trouble. The newer Gozzer Ranch course across the lake is ridiculously beautiful, but you have to know somebody. I've golfed it once.

I haven't golfed in maybe 3 years? My 17YO just started golfing in June and within 2 weeks he was consistently golfing in the mid-80's. No lessons. He's a natural. And to think we've done baseball, soccer and basketball for all these years... :ROFLMAO: I mean, what if Tiger Woods' dad had pushed him to play basketball?

Kado

Steelhead
Years ago I tried to organize a PNWFF golf outing at Maple Valley, then fish the cedar after. A conflict came up for me and I ruined it. Maybe we try that again. Trophy lake?
Just came off Trophy today. It's in good shape. Really like that course. The restaurant closed early though....no post round beers : (

longputt

Steelhead
BTW...my screen name...longputt...has nothing to do with golf...in fact when my handicap was low I was always a lousy long putter, but I was deadly from 8 feet and in.

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Years ago I tried to organize a PNWFF golf outing at Maple Valley, then fish the cedar after. A conflict came up for me and I ruined it. Maybe we try that again. Trophy lake?
If you schedule before the end of Sept, maybe play somewhere near a good Silver beach. Fish Eglon or PNP, then play Whitehorse?

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead

Nope. You simply take a pic of your scorecard, post on the forum, and depending on the score you either humble brag or laugh at yourself.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
If you want a good golf read check out the inimitable Rick Reilly's ode to a not so honorable golfer, "The Commander In Cheat."

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
In my bag I've been carrying a ten year old Taylor Made driver. Consistently I'm 20 yds shorter off the tee than my buddies with the latest and greatest.

So went out to the range the other night and demo'd a few new ones. There is a noticeable difference in the new technology. The face of the new clubs have so much more life and pop. Landed on the Calloway Rogue with a regular shaft. Was consistently getting it out 275 and when I stepped on it was pushing 300.

Should have in a day or two. #gamechanger

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
In my bag I've been carrying a ten year old Taylor Made driver. Consistently I'm 20 yds shorter off the tee than my buddies with the latest and greatest.

So went out to the range the other night and demo'd a few new ones. There is a noticeable difference in the new technology. The face of the new clubs have so much more life and pop. Landed on the Calloway Rogue with a regular shaft. Was consistently getting it out 275 and when I stepped on it was pushing 300.

Should have in a day or two. #gamechanger
Regular shaft?
#swingharder

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have the new rogue with an after market shaft.
I am more consistent, but my taylor made was longer off the tee.