NFR Golfers in

Non-fishing related

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Short lesson. left arm straight,right elbow in,keep your head still.

I like the more philosophical.

The golf swing originates at the earth and moves upward through the body. The hips leading the shoulders and so on. The head glued to the ball the axis which rotation is made. The head is the quiet part both mentally and physically still stuck spellbound to the turf well after contact is made and the shoulders and hips square to the target. And yes the right elbow is nearly welded to the torso. The wrists loose as the club moves in ballistic fashion. It is never steered with the right hand or right side of the body. It is pulled through the shot with the left and an elbow which never breaks with a calm that is as natural as nature taking it's course.

A golf swing can be a beautiful thing. Even more beautiful when a golfer has a grounding in solid technique but then creates their own style and flavor to the movement. A good golf swing is technically correct. A great golf swing is an unmistakable signature that invokes the personality and style of the player. I always strive for quiet loose effortless power and a fluid finesse. True club speed comes far more from timing and flexibility than raw grunt.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
I do appreciate the tremendous contribution golf courses have made to the establishment of massive non-migratory Canada Goose populations in urban areas.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Golf is indeed a wonderful activity! Like fishing or bowling it's sedentary, generally involves alcohol, and may be enjoyed even into one's 'sunset years'.

Last edited:

longputt

Steelhead
It's pretty cool when they finally beat you. My son cracked that nut 3 years ago, and the score card is still pinned to our fridge. He now drives it 30 yards past me, is fearless on approach shots, and has nerves of steel on the greens. All I have left in the bag is the head game, and I can still put it to pretty good use if needed.
I love standing on the 180 yd par 3 and he's thinking 6 or 7 iron and I've got a death grip on my 4 iron...he out drives me by 30 also. Lucky for me I can get up and down better than he can.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
I'm going to see my folks in November down in AZ. They live on a course out in the sticks but the views are fantastic. I'm sure we'll get a few rounds in.

CopperCanyonLakeHole2DJI_0308-Copy-Edit.jpg

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
I was curious who our best golfer is here and Golfman just put his name at the top of the list.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Do a lot of people look at these score cards? I keep getting sales reps wanting me to buy advertising on them.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I'm going to see my folks in November down in AZ. They live on a course out in the sticks but the views are fantastic. I'm sure we'll get a few rounds in.

CopperCanyonLakeHole2DJI_0308-Copy-Edit.jpg
Or...

You could see if there are bass in those ponds.