NFR Golfers in

Non-fishing related

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
I got my son by 3 last night...it's getting dark pretty early!
View attachment 31316
It's pretty cool when they finally beat you. My son cracked that nut 3 years ago, and the score card is still pinned to our fridge. He now drives it 30 yards past me, is fearless on approach shots, and has nerves of steel on the greens. All I have left in the bag is the head game, and I can still put it to pretty good use if needed.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Swimmy
I think you shot a 77

PuwRb9fF_o.gif

swimmy

Holy shit, that's pretty good. Did you play in HS or college? I'm still trying to break 90 consistently.

I've played off and on for most of my life. Never got too serious with it thought and fishing has kept most of my attention.

You need to devote some time, and work on your game. That'll bring your score up where it belongs.

Post of the day.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
This thread is kinda making me want to take my kids to the driving range and get them a short lesson.
Some of my fondest memories are following my son around the course through junior and highschool golf tournaments. It's cool to see their meddle tested, and to be there when it all falls apart.

Travis Bille

I am El Asso Wipo!!!!!
Forum Supporter
I spend most of my time at the ball washer. I pull my head on every stroke, I think someone needs to check my bag

swimmy

Been a few years since I've played Old Works. That course is pretty damn cool. I gotta get back over there.

OldWorks_JM_Hole-No.7_Par3_238yards_edit.jpg

mark wlker

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Years ago, I lived in Palm Desert, Ca. Girlfriend worked for Sunrise Country Club and that gave us a full membership at Palm Valley Country Club.
Was a volunteer for the Jr. Golf Assoc. and tended bar in a little beer/burger joint popular with the starters and cart barn guys. Played all over the desert and it never cost more than a case of beer.
Played with pretty much the same group of guys several times a week. Worked in a pro shop for a while as well.
One day I quite playing golf all together and went back to fishing because fish didn't cheat or lie for a quarter or what have you!

I went to college for Turf Management. A guy I graduated with is a golf course superintendent in Bozeman.
I spent 46 years in the golf course maintenance business. Retired now and haven’t played in four years.
No way could I go out now and break 80!
Great round Swimmy!

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This thread is kinda making me want to take my kids to the driving range and get them a short lesson.

Lessons are money well spent. For all the money one could put into gear, great courses, travel, and accessories a lesson especially when starting to build a foundation for a good swing is a great idea. Even learning a proper grip can save years trying to change from an improper one. I feel this way about most activities that are heavy skill base and lifelong.