Non-Fly Dead Zone reports

(Not exactly dead zone…). Was thinking about floating some eggs on the Sandy on Sunday, but I’ve been thinking more about tossing some plugs (seeing @Evan B pictures of cohos on plugs made me get a major case of FOMO) or spinners on the Columbia.
Anyone have any walk in spots on the Columbia outside of the beach areas by Chinook landing or Gleason launch they can recommend? PMs are fine too.
Thanks!

Last edited:

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
@Josh came down for his first Columbia River dirtbag sesh. So far we have been fighting very strong winds. Hopefully Sunday morning is calmer.

He got to learn that coho are dicks.
View attachment 84970

Then caught himself his first chinook.
View attachment 84971

Yes, coho are dicks :LOL:. Not horribly dark chinook, looks like a Tule? but I can't smell through the screen. Definitely a keeper URB.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Yes, coho are dicks :LOL:. Not horribly dark chinook, looks like a Tule? but I can't smell through the screen. Definitely a keeper URB.
Definitely not a tule. You start getting some upriver fish that are a bit dusky this time of year but cut just like a chrome one. Tules are long gone by now.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Definitely not a tule. You start getting some upriver fish that are a bit dusky this time of year but cut just like a chrome one. Tules are long gone by now.
Awesome. Good to know there are still a few URBs around. The big adipose threw me.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
@Josh came down for his first Columbia River dirtbag sesh. So far we have been fighting very strong winds. Hopefully Sunday morning is calmer.
Was good times regardless. But yeah, windy. And asshole coho. Nice and sunny tho.

Cool to make my first appearance in the dead zone.

Jagosh

Smolt
Morning shift, 4 bright chinook and one big coho, lots of keeper jacks.

Friendly reminder to you fellas that there is no deadline, we were near Longview, not the deadline but I’m too lazy to start another thread.