Non-Fly Dead Zone reports

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Uncle Tim!
Hah, yep. Took him and an old coworker from the ol office who works for SMITH now. Tim was just happy being out and seeing us again, and was very excited to have some fresh salmon for dinner last night. Him and Kath were sending me pics of their dinner.

1694786876337.png

MikeT

Just Hatched
Fished Wednesday and Thursday. The bite has slowed down a bit but we landed one Wednesday and two yesterday. Spinners weren't working for us this week; all our bites came on Brad's mini cutplugs.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Fished Wednesday and Thursday. The bite has slowed down a bit but we landed one Wednesday and two yesterday. Spinners weren't working for us this week; all our bites came on Brad's mini cutplugs.
Yeah my spread if I have three is a spinfish on each side and a spinner down the center off the stern. almost all my fish come on the spinfish all the time, but Monday, we got one jack and a decent adult chinook on the spinner. I like to always have one out, but spinfish get the priority.

Jagosh

Smolt
Below warrior, screen was lit up but felt like we should have gotten for bites 7/? Including a unicorn clipped coho. Super bats instead of spinners, nothing lower them 35ft.

Wish it would stay open for some evening trolls.

MikeT

Just Hatched
Hey! You're using my spinner blade. Red/white has accounted for most of my fish this fall and has out fished the Mexican Hat my buddy swears by.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Hey! You're using my spinner blade. Red/white has accounted for most of my fish this fall and has out fished the Mexican Hat my buddy swears by.
Shhhhh 😉

That's been my thing for a while. Discovered the color combination in my casting spinner game when I noticed that color combo crushing anything else. When trolling, I then went to white flashers which I noticed out fishing chrome or green.

If I'm not running a spinfish behind the white flasher, it's that spinner right there.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just an FYI, if anyone is looking to fill a seat for URB chinook. My tuner trips on Saturday and Monday were just canceled. Paid guided or otherwise. If it helps, I know how to operate conventional gear and fight fish.

Last edited:
6am-13:00ish today by Davis bar. Got one 30min into the troll. A bright and shiny hen about 9-10lbs.
Homemade spinner with a mexican hat blade and hoochie, behind a chartreuse and chrome SB skateboard. In the lower 75% of the water column.
Saw three others or so caught, and a few lost. Hoped my buddy would get one too, but that didn’t happen. Not a ton of boats out maybe a dozen or so.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Just an FYI, if anyone is looking to fill a seat for URB chinook. My tuner trips on Saturday and Monday were just canceled. Paid guided or otherwise. If it helps, I know how to operate conventional gear and fight fish.
If I make it out after work this week I'll try to remember this post 😂

Jagosh

Smolt
I’m laughing to myself on the other place. Guy posts a screenshot of his fish finder showing very nice marks at 15ft and says he’s out 30ft with 16oz… I want to say something so bad… kinda like pulling warts above Chinook:)!!!

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I’m laughing to myself on the other place. Guy posts a screenshot of his fish finder showing very nice marks at 15ft and says he’s out 30ft with 16oz… I want to say something so bad… kinda like pulling warts above Chinook:)!!!
If he's 15' down with 16oz and a flasher, he's fishing way too slow