Condiments, Am I The Only One...

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I like ketchup but #1. I know I'm lesser for it and #2. Its reserved for hot sandwiches only.
French fries might be my favorite food. Potatoes, in any case. Now French fries are good with lots of condiments, but there’s no substitute for fries and ketchup. Specifically Heinz ketchup. Get outta here with the Hunt’s or house brand junk.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
My brother put in on scrambled eggs around the same age...
For whatever reason, even as a kid, I just never liked it very much.
I started eating fries with mustard, then when I discovered tartar...well that was it.
😅

RCF

Life of the Party
Going to give a plug to a local bar and restaurant:

Doofersbarandgrill.com

Good patty melts nd reubens. They are starting March Madness burger month. A different custom creative burger everyday for the month of March. Check it out... Buffalo, lamb, fish, Mac n cheese, boar, short rib, pork, you get the idea...

Avoid the fries and get their onion rings. Thank me later.

Last edited:

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
What the.. y’all never had sweet pickle relish on a hot dog with mustard? Hamburgers only need two things, onion slice and Gorgonzola or Blue Cheese...maybe some mushrooms…

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Been about 25 years since I have been to Doofers...glad to hear it is still around though.

Reactions: RCF

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Back in the day, any good deli served a big old dill pickle sliced lengthwise with the sandwich...
We make our own pickles, and always do a few jars that way.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
A pastrami rueben is pretty good as well.
As far as burgers go, a whole slice of onion is mandatory. I also like green pepper as a topping on my burger. Anything that has vinegar involved is in my wheelhouse, so add some pickles. Deep fried pickles are excellent. Pepperoncinis are another favorite sandwich and burger topping.
SF

Mossback

Forum Supporter
WIth all the onions we grow, carmelizing them by the dozen is a good way to use them up. Then freeze and bag up handfuls to use in whatever.
Still have storage onions from last year, but pretty soon they will try and sprout, so carmelizing more soon. As I get older, grilled onions over raw...raw gives me indigestion now.
😅

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
My brother put in on scrambled eggs around the same age...
For whatever reason, even as a kid, I just never liked it very much.
I started eating fries with mustard, then when I discovered tartar...well that was it.
😅
I won’t argue, when I’m at a fish n chips place you better believe I’m getting tartar and I’m dipping fries in it. Tartar is amazing. It’s mostly mayonnaise, which is a superb condiment/ingredient, plus pickles and lemon or vinegar. What’s not to love? I love all those things. Have I told you about the time I dressed up as mayonnaise for Halloween, and I had an empty jar of Best Foods mayo refilled with vanilla pudding and I was taking big serving spoon mouthfuls at this party and I did that party trick and turned around and a girl was gagging? Anyway, in spite of it being a polarizing condiment, I love mayonnaise. Maybe more than ketchup. But when I get that tartar at the fish n chips place I’m also getting ketchup, because fries and ketchup, yes.