Condiments, Am I The Only One...

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Generally top for me and I like nearly all condiments.
if you want to see some funny stuff about condiments and sandwiches, check out the Hoagie Gurus group on FB.
I never knew mayo was voodoo versus vinegar and oil and there is an exact science on how to construct a proper hoagie. Veggies shouldn't be next to the bread, the bread needs a hinge, meat needs to be folded properly and don't call a sub a hoagie......Who knew making a sandwich could be so complicated? :ROFLMAO:
SF

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
I'm in the divide & reinforce the bread/bun camp.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Personally, sometimes I'm a sucker for the top and sometimes I'm a sucker for the bottom...even will play around with both on occasion...

RCF

Life of the Party
If you do not have the correct, fresh bread/roll it does not matter where the condiments are.. I prefer to have the condiments on both the top and bottom of the bread/roll.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Wait, are you calling lettuce and tomato condiments? I don't think of those as condiments. I think of them as toppings. Which, if you put them on the bottom, that is a little confusing.
Okay, toppings and condiments.😊

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Well, the correct answer is both, but (and there is always a but), mustard (Dijon or yellow) and horseradish (if not using Dijon) must always be on the bottom, any mayonnaise or relish or other condiments must be on the top. If not done this way, it just won't taste right - if in a restaurant, sometimes have to go through a 5 Easy Pieces sort of routine to be sure they get it right.

For those of you not old enough to get the reference:

Enjoy your sammy!!!

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Placed on both the top and bottom of your bread or roll is the correct way to use condiments.
Other ways are incorrect, and are to be avoided.
😁
So...would that be divide and conquer?😊

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I've been known to 'rebuild' as necessary. :ROFLMAO:
The real slippery slope is when they stack two big tomato slices together and each bite results in the contents sliding out the opposite side.
Especially if the top is well lubricated with generous mayonnaise.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
So...would that be divide and conquer?😊
No respectable sandwich maker would leave any part of the roll or bread unadorned with the condiment of their choice.
It's a free country, and far be it from me to tell anyone what condiments to use, but in the interest of preserving civilized sandwich making evidently some folks are unaware of proper techniques, and I was just trying to be helpful.
I myself, made a turkey and swiss on Daves Killer Bread for my lunch this morning.
I can assure you my techniques were flawless in every regard.
😁🤣😂😅😁

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
If it's a hamburger, ketchup & mustard on the bottom, mayo on top. If it's the ham and cheese sandwich I just had for lunch, it was mustard on the bottom and mayo on top. If it's roast beef or pastrami, I sometimes substitute horseradish for the mustard. I had a Costco hot dog yesterday, and it was ketchup, mustard (that slovenly plain yellow kind), and relish wherever I could squish it in. I'm not persnickety like Mossback, but I do have my preferences.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
If it's a hamburger, ketchup & mustard on the bottom, mayo on top. If it's the ham and cheese sandwich I just had for lunch, it was mustard on the bottom and mayo on top. If it's roast beef or pastrami, I sometimes substitute horseradish for the mustard. I had a Costco hot dog yesterday, and it was ketchup, mustard (that slovenly plain yellow kind), and relish wherever I could squish it in. I'm not persnickety like Mossback, but I do have my preferences.

Substitute sauerkraut for the ketchup on that Costco dog. You have to ask for it........ ;)
SF