Condiments, Am I The Only One...

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Substitute sauerkraut for the ketchup on that Costco dog. You have to ask for it........ ;)
SF
I had a double smoked Hemplers Beef Sausage w/ sauerkraut (lots of caraway) and swiss sandwich earlier in the week. Sausage was on sale so thought I'd try it, pretty good. Be sure and melt the swiss.
Would eat again.

:)

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
If it's a hamburger, ketchup & mustard on the bottom, mayo on top. If it's the ham and cheese sandwich I just had for lunch, it was mustard on the bottom and mayo on top. If it's roast beef or pastrami, I sometimes substitute horseradish for the mustard. I had a Costco hot dog yesterday, and it was ketchup, mustard (that slovenly plain yellow kind), and relish wherever I could squish it in. I'm not persnickety like Mossback, but I do have my preferences.
ketchup on a hot dog is an abomination, forbidden and it's just plain wrong, onions are okay:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Onions on a dog are great. Last time I was at Costco, they didn't have any. Not sure if they were out or no longer have them.
If they no longer have them, that is a backwards step in the $1.50 hot dog kingdom.
SF

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
It is inherently obvious that this politically charged and opinionated line of discourse will soon be relegated by the forum police to the locked thread category. I, for one, have never allowed any Costco food court items to be a part of my daily intake. Rather than expend limited funds on such a purchase I am saving my discretionary income so that I may hopefully purchase a pair of those spiffy new gold sneakers. The Costco free samples are, however, a horse of a different color and have been the building blocks of numerous midday meals. Edit: Except for that fake fried calamari in a bag. That stuff tastes like a cardboard ass.

Last edited:

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
Onions on a dog are great. Last time I was at Costco, they didn't have any. Not sure if they were out or no longer have them.
If they no longer have them, that is a backwards step in the $1.50 hot dog kingdom.
SF
It's a conspiracy, I tell you, no doubt about it. Why did Costco remove Polish dogs from their take out food menu? ;-) (I agree, sauerkraut is good on dogs)

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Ketchup on meat loaf sandwiches is just fine with me...
The desecration of a fine food like meatloaf sandwiches ( one of my favorite things in the world) with ketchup would never happen here, but as I mentioned earlier, it's a free country and far be it from me to tell someone what condiments to use...
I can only hope both pieces of bread, or both sides of the roll were adorned with the condiment of your choice.
😁

Reactions: RCF

RCF

Life of the Party
The desecration of a fine food like meatloaf sandwiches ( one of my favorite things in the world) with ketchup would never happen here, but as I mentioned earlier, it's a free country and far be it from me to tell someone what condiments to use...
I can only hope both pieces of bread, or both sides of the roll were adorned with the condiment of your choice.
😁

Agreed - meat loaf sandwiches are one of the best meals available. A well-made Reuben sandwich comes in a close second IMHO...

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Agreed - meat loaf sandwiches are one of the best meals available. A well-made Reuben sandwich comes in a close second IMHO...
Agreed...
Reubens are another of my favorite things, well made being the key.
I tended bar/ waited tables for a bit, and the chef would run Ruebens as a lunch special sometimes...was my favorite day of the week. He made great Ruebens.

Wade Rivers

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I had a double smoked Hemplers Beef Sausage w/ sauerkraut (lots of caraway) and swiss sandwich earlier in the week. Sausage was on sale so thought I'd try it, pretty good. Be sure and melt the swiss.
Would eat again.

:)
What's your go to mustard with that? Hot n sweet? classic pub? Dijon?

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Stone ground German style is what I used...
But I'm pretty flexible on Mustards, as I like 'em all at times.
Mustard is a go to condiment here, I bet we have like 6 different kinds, probably 3 or more are almost empty.
😂🤣

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
Agreed...
Reubens are another of my favorite things, well made being the key.
I tended bar/ waited tables for a bit, and the chef would run Ruebens as a lunch special sometimes...was my favorite day of the week. He made great Ruebens.
A good Rueben is one my favorite sandwiches - the bread's important too. The Roslyn Cafe used to serve a super messy delicious Rueben.

Mossback

Forum Supporter
A good Rueben is one my favorite sandwiches - the bread's important too. The Roslyn Cafe used to serve a super messy delicious Rueben.
When I was a kid on the east coast there was a Jewish Deli near us that we got rye bread from at times (cissel bread I think) To this day, out here on the west coast there has never been anything even remotely close to that stuff...they had pumpernickel too. Over 50 years later I still remember the smells of that place.
The best day of the year was the day after St. Patricks day...

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
A Terrible Beauty in West Seattle had an exceptional Reuben.
The place closed years ago.....bummer.