Condiments, Am I The Only One...

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
They don't call it a bacon cheeseburger for nothin'...

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I see several references to fries. For a change of pace, take one saltine and top it with a teaspoon or so of Tulelake horseradish. Top that with a like amount of Heinz ketchup. Consume in one bite. It sounds like a recipe for death by internal incineration, but the ketchup tempers the flames. Betcha can't eat just one.

Have I ever lied to you before?

RCF

Life of the Party
Okay. The real question is 'anyone getting hungry for a great sandwich with the proper condiments '?

I know I am...

I had a very good meat loaf sandwich earlier this week. A great reuben is next!

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
French fries might be my favorite food. Potatoes, in any case. Now French fries are good with lots of condiments, but there’s no substitute for fries and ketchup. Specifically Heinz ketchup. Get outta here with the Hunt’s or house brand junk.
You clearly have never been to Quebec, fries with cheese curds and gravy (poutine) - dare I say, one of the great delicacies of the world

cheers

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
As long as the cheese is properly placed ON THE MUSTARD SIDE of the sandwich...I will remain calm.

Not to start anything or to offend anyone, but this, in my culinary opinion, is just plain wrong; cheese should be on the Mayo side (top side) of any sandwich, once melted, the cheese and mayo meld and make a wonderful creamy gooey mess.

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
Okay. The real question is 'anyone getting hungry for a great sandwich with the proper condiments '?

I know I am...

I had a very good meat loaf sandwich earlier this week. A great reuben is next!

Yes, and it's only 6:30 AM - would love me a great Montreal smoked meat sandwich; loved going to Ben's (unfortunately now closed) and Schwartz's Deli (before it was a tourist trap) for smoked meat sammy and fries - at Ben's for breakfast, smoked meat with eggs over easy and hash browns (but I digress)

For the uninitiated, a lesson on smoked meat, it's a little long but tell me your mouth's not watering after watching:

cheers

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
You clearly have never been to Quebec, fries with cheese curds and gravy (poutine) - dare I say, one of the great delicacies of the world

cheers
Wrong, I have. And that’s a tasty dish. But I’m no euro loving Frenchman huddled along canadas southern border for warmth. I’m American by God and my blood flows red like the sauce on my fries.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
I couldn't care less where the condiments are placed as long as there are plenty of them. Sandwiches, and many other foods for that matter, are simply an excuse to eat condiments as far as I'm concerned.

Mayo is king. Mayo/Ketchup mixed with tater tots is next level goodness.

I'll take mustard of any sort, but a good honey mustard can't be beat.

Onions can go liberally on/with just about anything. Same for jalapeños.

And anything involving sweet pickles is blasphemous!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Someone sent a gift pack to our office for Christmas and nobody grabbed this, so I brought it home. Damn good.
Dan the Sausage Man. Local company. I plan to order some more.
SF

IMG_0165.png

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
Someone sent a gift pack to our office for Christmas and nobody grabbed this, so I brought it home. Damn good.
Dan the Sausage Man. Local company. I plan to order some more.
SF

View attachment 105387
Dan' Sweet and Hot mustard is the bomb!. We got a sample pack, and dipping pretzels in it was pretty good. Dipping anything that came in the paint can was pretty good.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Okay guys, Silly Season is over. It is March 1st, time to put the Shack Nasties behind us and get on to more to more serious endeavors. It was fun to hear about so many glorified gut bombs but by the end it had me wishing for a thread on Alka Seltzer or Pepto Bismol.

And no, there is no up or down on PB&J! There is no order of precedence on said ingredients, they can be used interchangeably with little regard for protocol. Enjoy guilt free!

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Okay guys, Silly Season is over. It is March 1st, time to put the Shack Nasties behind us and get on to more to more serious endeavors. It was fun to hear about so many glorified gut bombs but by the end it had me wishing for a thread on Alka Seltzer or Pepto Bismol.

And no, there is no up or down on PB&J! There is no order of precedence on said ingredients, they can be used interchangeably with little regard for protocol. Enjoy guilt free!
Ive - I had every intention of being on the water this morning then that darn Seeger-Effect™ came along with lots of "W".

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I know what you mean Pat, I'm back on the frozen tundra now-snow the past 2 nights....