Search results

1. J

NFR Last Day of The Season

Last day of the season on the Yakima with my Grandson.
  2. J

FF Film Tour Eburg;

Looking forward to the pre funk at Iron Horse Brewery, raffles and meeting some old friends and making new ones.
  3. J

Boat clean up day

The Clack was starting to look shabby. So I hooked her up with the quad an pulled her into the drive way. Got out the buffer and some light cutting buffing compound and went to town. Finished her off with an application of CMX ceramic spray coating. Will be floating the Yak tomorrow.
  4. J

Yakima 3/11

Took advantage of the break in the weather on Saturday and floated the Yakima in the farmlands section. Fishing was good for my friend Daymon on Skawala & stone fly nymphs, I was swinging a Sculpin pattern with my trout spey with good results. One word of caution be very careful in the "tree...
  5. J

Yakima River Farmlands section

Looking to float the farmlands section of the Yakima River this coming Saturday (Irene Rinehart to Ringer Loop). Has anyone floated this area lately? Was wondering if everything is still open and no new log jams. Any info would be helpful. I also plan on calling a few of the local fly shops...
  6. J

SFR Another reason to practice catch & release

PFAS detected in US rivers and lakes. https://phys.org/news/2023-01-wild-fish-month-tainted.html
  7. J

Salute to my fellow Veterans

I salute all those who have or are serving their country.
  8. J

Headed to Tennessee

I fly out tomorrow for a weeklong fishing adventure in Tennessee. I will be meeting up with my dad and brother at my brothers farm just SE of Nashville. My brother has a guide arranged for some guided fishing in the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee and North Carolina for a couple of days. We...
  9. J

Nashville or Central TN in October

Planning on heading to Nashville in October to spend some time with my Dad an Brother's fly fishing a few Central TN rivers for trout. Looking for some advise if anyone has ever fished this area. I am also in contact MTFF (Middle Tennessee Fly Fishers) in hopes of gleaning some good...
  10. J

NF Coeur D'Alene River

Thought I would start a spin off Thread from the thread posted about the St. Joe river. I am headed over this coming weekend for three days of R&R and fishing on the NF. I will be bringing my pontoon and plan on floating sections for Big Hank on down. The flows are expected to be in the 1300...