Yakima 3/11

Took advantage of the break in the weather on Saturday and floated the Yakima in the farmlands section. Fishing was good for my friend Daymon on Skawala & stone fly nymphs, I was swinging a Sculpin pattern with my trout spey with good results. One word of caution be very careful in the "tree farm" section between Rinehart and Ringer. I choose the wrong channel and come very close to swamping my drift boat. With some quick thinking I was able to get out of a very tenuous situation. Conditions change very quickly in this area. Be sure to talk with someone before you float this section. I know the Troutwater guides float this section quite often. Saw Johnny B. from Troutwater Floating this section on this day. In fact he witnessed my close call and was ready to assist if things went wrong. Thanks Jonny B.!!

IMG_20230311_162013.jpg

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
I haven’t seen Johnny in a long time…he’s a great dude. We did few bear hunts together and he’s a handy guy to have around.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Bet you his dad from his coaching days. Great family and Johnny is one of the best fishing guides in the area.
The Garfield High coach? Or the Roosevelt coach? The elder lived near the entrance to Carkeek park, back when a public school teacher could afford a nice home in Seattle.

Jim Allen

Steelhead
The Garfield High coach? Or the Roosevelt coach? The elder lived near the entrance to Carkeek park, back when a public school teacher could afford a nice home in Seattle.
Not sure where his dad coached at just knew that he was a coach and baseball was one of his favorite sports. I believe he also did some construction work on the side.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
At the time Johnny and I were hunting together, I hadn't started coaching football yet and I can't remember where his dad coached. This was clear back when Johnny and Joe Rotter were still guiding for Jack Mitchell.