Salute to my fellow Veterans

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
At the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, the "War to end all War" came to an end, and since, in many allied countries we honour armed forces members who died in the line of duty with Remembrance Day, and in the US, honor all veterans with Veteran's Day. Thank you all who served.

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 4.56.06 PM.png

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Lots of free meals for Vets tomorrow if you can take advantage of it. I'll be at Applebee's for my free steak for lunch. Thanks to everyone for their service no matter how long or short it was and to those still serving.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Lots of free meals for Vets tomorrow if you can take advantage of it. I'll be at Applebee's for my free steak for lunch. Thanks to everyone for their service no matter how long or short it was and to those still serving.
You were AF right? Happy Veterans day tomorrow!

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You were AF right? Happy Veterans day tomorrow!
Yep! - 28 years, 9.5 enlisted, the remainder to 28 years retired as a LT Col. Great times, great memories and got to see most of the world, particularly the Far East, Europe and Middle East. If you are an employer - hire vets, they are the best.

Xoxo

Yep! - 28 years, 9.5 enlisted, the remainder to 28 years retired as a LT Col. Great times, great memories and got to see most of the world, particularly the Far East, Europe and Middle East. If you are an employer - hire vets, they are the best.
Thank you @Mike Cline . Happy Veterans Day to you and to all vets! My dad is retired Air Force. He is 88 now. One of the best things i learned from him (but not the only thing) was having a good work ethic.

Hanging out my flag today!

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Some times I feel funny saying thank you to a post like this. 3 years Army. 1953 to 1956. I somehow never made it to where bullets were flying around. I must of been born under a lucky star. But thank you all for a post like this one.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Some times I feel funny saying thank you to a post like this. 3 years Army. 1953 to 1956. I somehow never made it to where bullets were flying around. I must of been born under a lucky star. But thank you all for a post like this one.
Jim - I too avoided bullets flying. I enlisted in the Navy in 1968. 51 years ago this month I made my first of three cruises to Vietnam and thankful to be on a support vessel(s) (USS Ajax, AR6 and USS Hector, AR7) and not on the USS Higbee, DD806.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Hope all you veterans had a great day yesterday. My son is not a veteran yet, but is is in the Navy Reserves with three active duty deployments under his belt. Came home for the long weekend and his choice for Veteran’s Day was to go upland bird hunting. We had a good day. FA59D486-04DE-4650-AA0A-807C57A99AB0.jpeg