NF Coeur D'Alene River

Jim Allen

Steelhead
Thought I would start a spin off Thread from the thread posted about the St. Joe river. I am headed over this coming weekend for three days of R&R and fishing on the NF. I will be bringing my pontoon and plan on floating sections for Big Hank on down. The flows are expected to be in the 1300 - 1500 range which I feel is very fishable. I am also expecting a bit more pressure than usual due to everything else being "blown out" from all the recent rain and run off. I see Silver Bow Fly Shop out of Spokane shows the NF as fishing well. I plan on calling some of the local fly shops around Wednesday to see what they say as well. Would love an local knowledge or recent reports.

XLO

Just Hatched
In my experience that river can handle pressure and a little high flows better than most. I think it’s the willingness and amount of fish in the system per mile. (A ton)

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
We got with another inch of rain again last night and we're supposed to get another .5" by this time tomorrow. The flows at Enaville are 5,400 CFS today. It's not really wadable at those levels but it's floatable. I just took a trip for Thursday so I'll let you know how that goes, assuming it happens.

Jim Allen

Steelhead
OK as of this morning the flows at Prichard have exceeded 3000 CFS which indicates to me that as much as I hate to, it is time for me to tap out on this trip

mickey rat

Vermin
OK as of this morning the flows at Prichard have exceeded 3000 CFS which indicates to me that as much as I hate to, it is time for me to tap out on this trip
Wise choice Jim. I was there yesterday and never even bothered to get out of the truck. Went up Tepee looking for anything worthwhile to flog but it wasn't worth the time.

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
I had 2 buds who just cut their CDA trip short yesterday after heading out on Sun, it was just hosing it big style and the river just kept going up and up. Was jealous but of course now feel bad for them. A long way to go to turn around

Dave

Jim Allen

Steelhead
Flows are now at 7180cfs. This is insane for this time of year. Should be a red flag for anyone considering a trip in the near future. I guess I will look into possibly making plans for August.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
Flows are now at 7180cfs. This is insane for this time of year. Should be a red flag for anyone considering a trip in the near future. I guess I will look into possibly making plans for August.
I wouldn't be surprised to see that thing back in shape by this time next week.

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I fished the CDA one spring with Norcal
We had a great day with light rain.
May fly hatch was over the top with many nice cutts to hand.
By afternoon the rain got heavier and Norcal said we better get to shore before we can't.
Heavy rain all nite and the river and by morning the river was way up in the trees and fully blown out.
My three day trip only had one day of fishing