Wanted Honda Element AWD

Soft Hackle

Freshly Spawned

Zak,

Not everyone is into orange vehicles, but I found this 2003 with 94,000 miles posted 5 days ago for $11,500 in Springfield, Oregon. It appears to be in good condition and priced lower than most I have seen. Hopefully you find what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Chris

Zak

Legend

Zak,

Not everyone is into orange vehicles, but I found this 2003 with 94,000 miles posted 5 days ago for $11,500 in Springfield, Oregon. It appears to be in good condition and priced lower than most I have seen. Hopefully you find what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Chris
Thank you!

cdnred

Life of the Party
Our 2013 Forester's road noise gets to me - sometimes I take out my hearing aids. ;-)
Back in the day when rustproofing vehicles first came out as the rage, Ziebart and a few others offered to undercoat the entire vehicle with a spray-on type rubbery material as a rust preventive. It cost a few hundred (CDN) to be applied and then every year it would need to get re-inspected and updated. Not sure if this is still available today, I see that many are offering oil spray for the same results but that might help with reducing some of the road noise. Agreed it's an expensive solution when it shouldn't be needed in the first place but just a thought..

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Back in the day when rustproofing vehicles first came out as the rage, Ziebart and a few others offered to undercoat the entire vehicle with a spray-on type rubbery material as a rust preventive. It cost a few hundred (CDN) to be applied and then every year it would need to get re-inspected and updated. Not sure if this is still available today, I see that many are offering oil spray for the same results but that might help with reducing some of the road noise. Agreed it's an expensive solution when it shouldn't be needed in the first place but just a thought..
Until you need to wrench on something..... we just live with the road noise. We're both hard of hearing so we take our hearing aids out. ;-)

cdnred

Life of the Party
But nothing like one of my close friends and co-workers. She and her husband decided to take a year off work, buy and Element, fit it with an Ursa Minor pop-up and drive it to the end of the earth and back - literally. The did a 31,000 mile round trip to Ushuaia at the tip of South America, living in a Honda Element. And they are still married... LOL

Here's their blog from the trip. Amazing photos.

I read their post and what an AMAZING trip that must've been. I'm very envious if ONLY I was in my 20's again I'd give it some serious thought..

What really threw was reading "After we sold one of Justin’s kidneys for a little extra capital, we booked a last minute trip on a catamaran and spent eight heavenly days cruising around the Galapagos". I'm sure there was more to that then merely selling for cash..?

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
I read their post and what an AMAZING trip that must've been. I'm very envious if ONLY I was in my 20's again I'd give it some serious thought..

What really threw was reading "After we sold one of Justin’s kidneys for a little extra capital, we booked a last minute trip on a catamaran and spent eight heavenly days cruising around the Galapagos". I'm sure there was more to that then merely selling for cash..?
That was a joke. LOL
Justin still has both his kidneys as of when I talked to him the other day. They were in their mid-30's when they did the trip but they are both super fit and athletic.

The Galapagos trips are super pricey. We did the NatGeo version on the Endeavor II as a last family trip with my mother before she got too infirm to do that sort of travel. Lifetime memory for sure and worth the time and $$ outlay for us. Got to be the forst witness to an unanticipated volcanic eruption. I was on this boat when it happened.

Zak

Legend
I checked out this lifted AWD Sienna camper conversion. It won't work for me because I sometimes need to transport kids with seat belts, but I think it would be a pretty sweet fishing mobile!

That’s why I bought my Element! I was shopping for a new Subaru in 2015 and the first and only thing I cared about (after AWD) was could I sleep in it comfortably. Nope. So, I looked at every new vehicle on the market (besides behemoths like an Expedition or Suburban) and either they weren’t long or tall enough inside or the seats didn’t fold down flat enough. So, I started looking at used rigs and remembered an Element that I’d ridden in once. I found one the next day and bought it! My sister saw it a few days later and bought hers the next day!

View attachment 4744
Awesome! My understanding is the Element is not the best insulated from road noise and is pretty loud on trips. What is your experience so far?

Xoxo

Zak,

Best regards,

Chris
My husband has the pumpkin colored orange 2008 Honda Element. He loves and if they still made one would buy a new one. We keep hoping Honda will bring it back. I just read this amount to him. His Element has 125K.

I have a 2008 two door red Honda Accord that i bought brand new. It’s a stick shift . It recently turned 53,000 miles. When i take it to the dealer to get serviced i always get asked if i want to sell it. They don’t make Accord coupes anymore and it’s very difficult to get a stick shift unless you are willing to wait a long time. (I waited three months to get mine.)

What i like best about both of our vehicles is that they are so easy to find in the parking lot!

Xoxo

Awesome! My understanding is the Element is not the best insulated from road noise and is pretty loud on trips. What is your experience so far?
Oh yes, i think it’s VERY loud on road noise.

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter
My husband has the pumpkin colored orange 2008 Honda Element. He loves and if they still made one would buy a new one. We keep hoping Honda will bring it back. I just read this amount to him. His Element has 125K.

I have a 2008 two door red Honda Accord that i bought brand new. It’s a stick shift . It recently turned 53,000 miles. When i take it to the dealer to get serviced i always get asked if i want to sell it. They don’t make Accord coupes anymore and it’s very difficult to get a stick shift unless you are willing to wait a long time. (I waited three months to get mine.)

What i like best about both of our vehicles is that they are so easy to find in the parking lot!
V-Tech is bulletproof! Great cars! Had a 95 4 door.

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Just getting broken in; youngest daughter has a 2007 Accord with a manual. Has 264000 miles and still runs great. Clutch was Replaced at 215K and when replaced it still had lots of material left on clutch, the pedal assembly had partially broken and froze the throw out bearing to the clutch disc.
I would like to get in line if you ever decide to sell the Accord 😉

Xoxo

Just getting broken in; youngest daughter has a 2007 Accord with a manual. Has 264000 miles and still runs great. Clutch was Replaced at 215K and when replaced it still had lots of material left on clutch, the pedal assembly had partially broken and froze the throw out bearing to the clutch disc.
I would like to get in line if you ever decide to sell the Accord 😉
@Robert Engleheart , I’ll keep that in mind! Hahaha… ! you might be waiting a long time.

My car looks pretty new as it’s always been garaged and no accidents, (not even any noticeable dings).

I used to live only two miles from work, hence the low mileage. i recently did the math on the mileage and with my average current annual mileage i calculated that I can drive this car until I’m 86 years old and it will only have approximately 137K miles and that’s over-estimating cause i will drive it less as i get older. However, i will be unable to open the door to get in and out because it’s so heavy, and i doubt i can keep the clutch engaged, it’s pretty stiff. Besides i might want the technology of a self driving car!

My previous Honda Accord i also bought new in 1992 we had for a very long time, over 20+ years until we sold it to our nephew who drove it quite a few more years. I’ve driven Hondas since the early 1980s.

Xoxo

I took a cursory look at this stuff. How do you hide the look of it ? Under floor mats ? How does it fit under door panels? People don’t just tack it up in their car all inside their car (so it feels like you are climbing into an oven about to get roasted ) do they?

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I took a cursory look at this stuff. How do you hide the look of it ? Under floor mats ? How does it fit under door panels? People don’t just tack it up in their car all inside their car (so it feels like you are climbing into an oven about to get roasted ) do they?
It’s put under the existing surfaces on bare metal; remove the carpet or mats and apply foil face up. The back side is self adhesive. Doors would be more labor intensive as you’d have to remove the inner door panels, window glass and mechanisms. Doing the floors will be the most effective.