Wanted Honda Element AWD

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
It’s put under the existing surfaces on bare metal; remove the carpet or mats and apply foil face up. The back side is self adhesive. Doors would be more labor intensive as you’d have to remove the inner door panels, window glass and mechanisms. Doing the floors will be the most effective.
Interesting, thanks for this. Our 2013 Forester is loud at highway speeds - to the point where I've been thinking about buying something different. The Forester is otherwise just fine.

Reactions: Zak

Xoxo

It’s put under the existing surfaces on bare metal; remove the carpet or mats and apply foil face up. The back side is self adhesive. Doors would be more labor intensive as you’d have to remove the inner door panels, window glass and mechanisms. Doing the floors will be the most effective.
Thank you Richard! So just doing the floors should make enough difference is what you are saying right? All i know is trying to talk on a cellphone is difficult in a Honda Element. Certainly worth a try!

Xoxo

Millennial and GenX anti theft device!
hahahaha. You are so right! We went to a party one time where there was valet parking. No problem with the valet who parked my car. But when we were leaving the valet who went to get our car was different. So he goes to get it for us and comes walking back. He couldn’t drive a stick so another guy had to go get it for us.

Divad

Whitefish
I took a cursory look at this stuff. How do you hide the look of it ? Under floor mats ? How does it fit under door panels? People don’t just tack it up in their car all inside their car (so it feels like you are climbing into an oven about to get roasted ) do they?
That stuff looks oddly familiar to HVAC insulation re-marketed at a premium price (FrostKing).

I got big into insulating my old 93 and 05 Cummins in college. The peal and stick stuff works so-so, mostly used for rattle dampening on a given panel and mild sound insulation.

Mass loaded vinyl was the best at a sound barrier but it’s heavy and not easy to work with.