Wanted Honda Element AWD

Zak

Legend
Hi All,

I am looking for a good condition AWD Honda Element. If you have one you are thinking of selling, I'm interested in hearing from you. Thanks!

Freestone

Life of the Party
Forum Legend
Best of luck, Zak! I love mine and I hope it lasts forever as there is nothing like it on the market. If you have a 4x4 Sprinter, I might consider a trade, LOL!

I’ll keep my eyes open for you. There are a few Element Facebook groups and once in a while, I see one posted for sale.

Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
Best of luck, Zak! I love mine and I hope it lasts forever as there is nothing like it on the market. If you have a 4x4 Sprinter, I might consider a trade, LOL!

I’ll keep my eyes open for you. There are a few Element Facebook groups and once in a while, I see one posted for sale.
Thanks!

Freestone

Life of the Party
Forum Legend
I really like my 2010 Forester, but it is just a little too short to sleep in.
That’s why I bought my Element! I was shopping for a new Subaru in 2015 and the first and only thing I cared about (after AWD) was could I sleep in it comfortably. Nope. So, I looked at every new vehicle on the market (besides behemoths like an Expedition or Suburban) and either they weren’t long or tall enough inside or the seats didn’t fold down flat enough. So, I started looking at used rigs and remembered an Element that I’d ridden in once. I found one the next day and bought it! My sister saw it a few days later and bought hers the next day!

FD3E57A3-E962-4BB4-87B5-31FFC2CE600F.jpeg

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
I have a friend who bought a new Element about '05 maybe? She has less than 20,000 on it ! Been garaged for most of the past 12-15 years. I have carefully been trying to hint I am very interested in buying or atleast, helping her get some good loosening up/workout miles on the road, but so far it has fallen on deaf ears.

Good luck in your search

Freestone

Life of the Party
Forum Legend
I have a friend who bought a new Element about '05 maybe? She has less than 20,000 on it ! Been garaged for most of the past 12-15 years. I have carefully been trying to hint I am very interested in buying or atleast, helping her get some good loosening up/workout miles on the road, but so far it has fallen on deaf ears.

Good luck in your search
She would probably be shocked at how much she could get for it now! Probably more than she paid for it.

Vandelay Industries

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
This is another vehicle that I don't understand why they stopped producing.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I really like my 2010 Forester, but it is just a little too short to sleep in.
I “slept” in my 2012 forester once.
Never, ever again will I try that. It was only because it was in the 20s the night before and this was before I had my underquilt for my hammock. So I figured it wouldn’t be as bad as freezing. It was much worse than freezing. Never again.

Vandelay Industries

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
There are rumors the Element will be brought back later this year. Hope the rumors come true...
I had not heard that. Interesting. I suspect that there would be a good market for it.

Reactions: RCF

Freestone

Life of the Party
Forum Legend
There are rumors the Element will be brought back later this year. Hope the rumors come true...
Every year, these rumors circulate. So much so, that it is a running joke in the Element groups. Alas, Honda has said it is never bringing it back, hence the crazy prices that people are getting for them.
This is another vehicle that I don't understand why they stopped producing.
Its sales were never great because it only seats 4 and sales only got worse with each passing year. It was a vehicle ahead of its time and I think it is actually more popular now. It definitely has a cult following, in part, as there is nothing else that compares to it.

Last edited:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I won't be buying the new one with cash, though. It'll have accident avoidance lane tracking tech and start at $30K.
So what's your budget? Manual transmission or automatic? 43k miles for $23K - https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/seattle-2007-exp-element/7432624472.html Looks like it is nearly new.

Or this one that needs a few things: https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/portland-honda-element-2003-awd-needs/7442203995.html

But I'm sure you've been looking at Craigslist....... I too have been thinking about getting one of these cars but........

Freestone

Life of the Party
Forum Legend
So what's your budget? Manual transmission or automatic? 43k miles for $23K - https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/seattle-2007-exp-element/7432624472.html Looks like it is nearly new.

Or this one that needs a few things: https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/portland-honda-element-2003-awd-needs/7442203995.html

But I'm sure you've been looking at Craigslist....... I too have been thinking about getting one of these cars but........
They will probably get it! A 2007 with 16,000 miles and the less desirable automatic tranny recently sold for $36,000! I think the new MSRP on my 2011 was in the neighborhood of $25k so the market for these things have gone crazy.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
They will probably get it! A 2007 with 16,000 miles and the less desirable automatic tranny recently sold for $36,000! I think the new MSRP on my 2011 was in the neighborhood of $25k so the market for these things have gone crazy.
Is yours a stick shift?