Your bucket list

B

bennysbuddy

I would like to see Quil Ceda creek & Allen creek open back up for fishing, If I could have half the fun I had fishing them at twelve years old it would be Awesome especially since I wouldn't have to worry about getting caught smoking or drinking Dads beer

i always wanted to catch a wild steelhead on the hoh or solduc

but i think that ship has sailed. I should have put in more time when it was not entirely ruined.

Chris Johnson

Steelhead
Kola peninsula for Atlantic Salmon
Patagonia
The Dean River-Steelhead
Hiada Gwaii- Salmon
Florida- Tarpon

Jim in Anacortes

Life of the Party
Recently I googled the "best trout fishing rivers in America" (or something like that). It seems that Missoula Montana gets a lot of notoriety. My plan is to start there and look for, dispersed camping, cheap hotels, dive bars, and trout streams. I've done this kind of thing many times for many months, and now that I live so close to some of the best trout fishing on the planet...well I really don't have a choice.

Chris Johnson

Steelhead
Recently I googled the "best trout fishing rivers in America" (or something like that). It seems that Missoula Montana gets a lot of notoriety. My plan is to start there and look for, dispersed camping, cheap hotels, dive bars, and trout streams. I've done this kind of thing many times for many months, and now that I live so close to some of the best trout fishing on the planet...well I really don't have a choice.
Missoula is a nice town, lost of good fishing close by.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'll be really f'in simple.

I want to go on a week+ long fishing trip sans kid and wife. I want to fish every day, and for as long as I want. I want to sleep in a hammock, eat decent food and drink whiskey at night. I wouldn't complain if it was in Idaho or Montana though ;)

Also, I wouldn't complain if there was backpacking or packrafting involved.

Last edited:

Adrian M

Steelhead
I'll be really f'in simple.

I want to go on a week+ long fishing trip sans kid and wife. I want to fish every day, and for as long as I want. I want to sleep in a hammock, eat decent food and drink whiskey at night. I wouldn't complain if it was in Idaho or Montana though ;)

Also, I wouldn't complain if there was backpacking or packrafting involved.
It’s a real blessing to have a trip sans kids and wife. It’s rare For me as my kids are younger (8, 6). Wife is getting more relaxed though so I have a trip every 9-12 months with my bro in laws.

cdnred

Life of the Party
Now we're talking..!!!

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
I get it, it is not Iceland, Belize, Russia etc. But if any of you ever make it to SW Montana, you have an open seat in my boat. Regardless if we've gone round and round on the net, in real life I go out of my way to play a good host. It is my way of giving something back to the community.

That even goes for the folks that have me on ignore.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
It’s a real blessing to have a trip sans kids and wife. It’s rare For me as my kids are younger (8, 6). Wife is getting more relaxed though so I have a trip every 9-12 months with my bro in laws.
I usually get 1 or 2, 3 to 4 day long trips a year and a couple over nighter backpacking trips, so I'm by no reason complaining.
My wife is also happy to plan family vacations where there's fishing adjacent which is also a plus :)

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I get it, it is not Iceland, Belize, Russia etc. But if any of you ever make it to SW Montana, you have an open seat in my boat. Regardless if we've gone round and round on the net, in real life I go out of my way to play a good host. It is my way of giving something back to the community.

That even goes for the folks that have me on ignore.

Twist my arm why don't ya

Adrian M

Steelhead
I usually get 1 or 2, 3 to 4 day long trips a year and a couple over nighter backpacking trips, so I'm by no reason complaining.
My wife is also happy to plan family vacations where there's fishing adjacent which is also a plus :)
As we speak, we're planning a trip to Missoula with one of my brother in laws, where we will work during the day and then fish early, some evening, but mostly just soak in Rock Creek. Wives and kids will come too. Fun trip.

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Do able bucket list. Snake river, Teton river, and the skinny water that feeds them.
Not so do able. Texas gulf coast for Reds, and sea trout.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
As we speak, we're planning a trip to Missoula with one of my brother in laws, where we will work during the day and then fish early, some evening, but mostly just soak in Rock Creek. Wives and kids will come too. Fun trip.

Yep, thats how I usually handle it.

I'll usually get up and be on the water at first light, back to the airbnb by the time family is waking up, I head back out during my kids naptime, and then after she goes to bed. it works!