The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
We have two ladies, so don't have the corkscrew issue. Though we still see the sexual aggression.

But they are quieter than chickens and more enjoyable to watch generally. My wife switches their little pond once or twice a week and we change their drinking water every day. It's not any more of a hassle then dealing with chicken maintenance overall.
I found their eggs were best suited to baking/cooking as something other than just eggs. Custards, carbonara, fried rice... all enhanced by the duck egg. They are an acquired taste as general issue eggs.

We were breeding them, had two drakes. It was not quiet. Feathers everywhere.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
For the record, ducks are the worst pet I've ever had. Maintaining their water was a daily PITA, and they are the most sexually violent critter I've ever encountered. If you know, you know. If you dont, use the google. I've seen enough corkscrews for my lifetime.

Speaking of ducks, years ago I knew someone who used to work for a housing authority.
They got a call regarding a water leak. They investigated it and found water leaking from the ceiling of an apartment. They went to the apartment above to find out where the leak was coming from. The occupants of the apartment didn’t want to let them in so they inspect for the leak.
They eventually gained entry and the occupants were reluctant to let them into the bathroom. They finally got into the bathroom and found the occupants had several ducks living in the bathtub. The leak was caused by them splashing around with water lapping out of the tub onto the floor. After talking to them, they were apparently netting them at a local park and then eating them. The person I knew had no idea how any of the neighbors didn't hear the ducks or report anything until the leak was discovered.
SF

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I went tuna fishing Saturday. I went to the Seahawks game Sunday. Then on Sunday evening I processed a pile of tuna. Slept well.
I found their eggs were best suited to baking/cooking as something other than just eggs. Custards, carbonara, fried rice... all enhanced by the duck egg. They are an acquired taste as general issue eggs.
Didn't take me long to acquire the taste. I'm into 'em. It's like 1.5 chicken eggs with a higher ratio of yolk : white. I'm always happy to meet somebody with occasional extra duck eggs.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
Another great weekend of football...all 3 of my favorite teams won. The CHS Vikings moved to 3-1, the Carrol College Saints moved to 3-0, #10 in the country, and the Golden West College Rustlers moved 2-1.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
My teams went 2-1 this weekend. It kicked off early this week with a Thursday night Viks road loss at Woodinvile but it was all smiles the rest of the weekend.

We took a crew to Helena for Carrol College homecoming and got to see see our oldest boy play live for the first time this year...our daughter and son-in-law, grandma and grandpa and my wife all made the trip. The Saints beat Arizona Christian 35-20. I think there were 5 ex-Vikings that played as well. It’s always fun to see ex-players!

Unfortunately the youngest boy’s game was being played at the same time so I didn’t get to see much but they also got a W. The bonus of the weekend was stealing 2 hours of fishing with my boy before we headed home this morning...the upside of him living in Montana😀.IMG_0478.jpegIMG_6095.jpegIMG_5403.jpeg

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Tuna trip was cancelled, but that meant I could join the 5-family camping excursion to Fort Ebey State Park, and my birthday was Sunday, that was all fun. I packed salmon fly fishing gear but actually never made it down to the water until we stopped at Rosario Beach on our way back home.

1FEA0444-B175-4BD2-9A65-D8C27FB7D511.jpegAD425E0F-0DB6-4880-BE84-C0D7FF1746E9.jpeg
Sharp object^
8229CCF4-9C8F-4C61-871C-EA5334790DDC.jpegECB742AD-E9D5-4C9D-B32E-51E8713E90D1.jpeg

Trip and fall hazard^

538F6AAB-7F0B-4CC6-AA2D-53DF8A89BAB6.jpeg
86DC8F6F-AEF8-42DE-AA24-A75BC5430D3E.jpeg

Divad

Whitefish
Tuna trip was cancelled, but that meant I could join the 5-family camping excursion to Fort Ebey State Park, and my birthday was Sunday, that was all fun. I packed salmon fly fishing gear but actually never made it down to the water until we stopped at Rosario Beach on our way back home.

View attachment 83538View attachment 83539
Sharp object^
View attachment 83540View attachment 83541

Trip and fall hazard^

View attachment 83542
View attachment 83543
Happy Birthday Matt! 🎉🎂 wonderful sunset and love the bostons