tail - deer hair
shoulder(s) - Hungarian partridge
body - Ice Dub Hare’s Ear grey
wing(s) - deer hair
hackle - grizzly

Regards,
Scott

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
If it balances in the air, then it will balance in the water.
@Travis Bille - I agree with what Wayne's saying. I've tied some rabbit strip balanced leeches but find the rabbit strips become waterlogged and are heavy and difficult (for me, at least) to get to turn over when indicator fishing long leaders. I prefer synthetic materials for dubbing the body and either use marabou or pine squirrel for the tail (mostly the latter). I like the looks of your balanced leech!

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
detached from the skin which gets soaked and alters the balance of the fly
The water in the leather weighs the same when it's in the water as the water around it. Like Buzzy said, the weight of the leather becomes a problem in the air when it's wet because the water is heavier than air.

RichS

Life of the Party
Restocking his fly which has been very good for me this spring. I think of it primarily as a younger damsel, but it is small enough to possibly pass as a mayfly. Anyway, it works and is cheap and simple to tie.
maydamsel2.JPGmaydamsel1.JPG
Hook: Daiichi 1710 or TMC 5262 #12
Tail: Olive marabou
Rib- chartreuse or hot yellow brassie ultra wire
Body: Olive hare's ear dubbing
Wing case: dark turkey coated with UV resin for durability.
Legs: olive soft hackle: wrapped, divided by the wing case and trimmed on the bottom

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
What kind of thread are you using? It looks almost like mono.
That is just a old spool of Lt. Tan Danville Flymaster. These have head cement, as I've decided just wax doesn't work as well after a hot water dip, and it doesn't affect the color much.