Zoran

Steelhead
IMG-6555.jpg
IMG-6556.jpg
IMG-6557.jpg

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Figured I may as well start warming up for the Expo...it's been a minute since I've tied any musky stuff, mostly because I just don't need anything for my own box. But I'll have a couple to donate plus a few freebies on hand.

This was really fun to tie because I normally don't use this long of shanks (plus I don't normally tie as much window dressing into my fishing flies), but I found a short shank hook with an eye large enough to fit in the shank without using a split ring. It's a little larger than what I normally throw for tigers, but it'll be money later in the year.
PXL_20240303_015301320~2.jpg
PXL_20240303_015310872.MP~2.jpg

🍻

I kept it stupid simple. Four 10mm shanks (with a fifth attaching the hook). I used the minnow body wrap on this one and colored with markers. It's remarkably easy to work with. Wrap it, brush/pick it out, and do an initial trim. Once the fly was done I just kind of trimmed it like an EP minnow. I'd like to experiment with some brushes on the next one.
The KISS method of pretty much anything is the best way to accomplish everything.