What are you watching?

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I liked terminal list and old man but both were repetitive and could have been shorter.

Lord of the Rings was ok not awesome just ok.
Joe Dirt 2 was stupid
Watched Doom again still dumb but better the second time after a few years of rest.

Cobra Kia season 5. Meh...

Outer range was interesting but to dark and weird.

Cherynobl was great but no one seems to talk about it..
Chernobyl may have been one of the best pieces done on tv...

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
On a suggestion, started watching Murders Only in the Building with Steve Martin and Martin Short, and got sucked in. Expected it to be hilarious and silly, which it is frequently, but had a surprisingly good plot, with some great characters, and actual suspense.

Finished that and now into season two of "Space Force" with Steve Carrell, John Malkovich, Lisa Kudrow and other good cast. Sorta Office + Parks and Rec, meet the military industrial complex. Definitely lighter than Murders Only, but the story line and characters actually grow on you. John Malkovich is perfectly cast as a brilliant scientist with authority issues, and laser-sharp sarcastic wit.

Last edited:

Xoxo

Started and finished watching this over two rainy windy days where we were preempted by the power outage. It’s only four episodes on Netflix but i hope there is a second season. Stanley Tucci plays a guy on Death Row who used to be criminologist so he can help solve murders (kind of Hannibal Lecter-ish without the cannibalism). He is great in this and though this is a thriller the scenes with Stanley Tucci and his neighbor cell mate are funny.
7E67657C-AE9D-45A3-877A-C3E08256CC48.jpeg

VAGABOND

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
on Netflix: Facing Nolan
Good show. A more in depth story on one of the best ever. Went to college not far from Shea and knew a couple people who worked there. Freebees
Ryan could throw, but not pitch yet. This was early, I think his second third fourth years. He would soak his right index and middle fingers in pickle juice to toughen them up. His fingers would split open because of the speed and friction of the balls release between his fingers and threads. Seaver, Ryan, Koosman, what an op to watch a great pitcher. When Ryan developed his curve after leaving the Mets it was a knee buckler, especially to righties.

Good show. A more in depth story on one of the best ever. Went to college not far from Shea and knew a couple people who worked there. Freebees
Ryan could throw, but not pitch yet. This was early, I think his second third fourth years. He would soak his right index and middle fingers in pickle juice to toughen them up. His fingers would split open because of the speed and friction of the balls release between his fingers and threads. Seaver, Ryan, Koosman, what an op to watch a great pitcher. When Ryan developed his curve after leaving the Mets it was a knee buckler, especially to righties.
A bit off topic-
I was fortunate to see Nolan pitch a few times when he was with the Angels. Couple of one hitters, a three hitter…and a thirteen hitter (he was shellacked).
Did see a no-hitter…but it was Clyde Wright…in 1970.

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
Old Enough on Netflix - I'm enthralled by the cultural differences and impressed by these kids.

We're sitcom people and find Abbott Elementary very enjoyable.

I can't wait for The Bear to come back.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
The movie Vengeance...I saw it on a flight the other day...totally not what I was expecting...excellent.