What are you watching?

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I'm up to date on Andor, one of the best spinoffs in my opinion.
yeah, I really like it. Then again, I have thoroughly enjoyed each of them for various reasons. I dunno, I'm kinda a sucker for any backstory stuff regardless of whether or not a handful of minute details don't always add up.

Reactions: Zak

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Somehow I missed my favorite book becoming a show on apple TV....they've been trying to make it into a film for something like 5 or 6 years, but it kept having set backs. I'll be binging the first 5 episodes very soon.

Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Somehow I missed my favorite book becoming a show on apple TV....they've been trying to make it into a film for something like 5 or 6 years, but it kept having set backs. I'll be binging the first 5 episodes very soon.

Unfortunately, no Apple TV for me. Shantaram is one of my favorite books! The sequel, not so much.

Xoxo

Are you the one who told me about this book @Long_Rod_Silvers back on the old forum? I had checked it out from the library and started to read it and it seemed it was going to be very good but other books got in the way and i got distracted. I thought what i would do is watch the movie and then start it again. I really like Charlie Hunnam. How do you feel about him being cast?

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Are you the one who told me about this book @Long_Rod_Silvers back on the old forum? I had checked it out from the library and started to read it and it seemed it was going to be very good but other books got in the way and i got distracted. I thought what i would do is watch the movie and then start it again. I really like Charlie Hunnam. How do you feel about him being cast?
I might have mentioned it. I throw it out there any time anyone is asking. I know several people who've read it and said it was instantly their favorite book. The first 80 pages is a slow read though, but after that you can't put it down. It's a 900+ page book, I've never heard a single person complain it was too long. Will make for a good TV show.

Casting Hunnam is perfect. The main character is an australian ex con. Hunnam could pull that off with his eyes closed.

Xoxo

I might have mentioned it. I throw it out there any time anyone is asking. I know several people who've read it and said it was instantly their favorite book. The first 80 pages is a slow read though, but after that you can't put it down. It's a 900+ page book, I've never heard a single person complain it was too long. Will make for a good TV show.

Casting Hunnam is perfect. The main character is an australian ex con. Hunnam could pull that off with his eyes closed.
Yes, it’s a thick book but i usually like thick books if it’s really good cause i always feel a bit sad when i finish a book with great characters (The Lincoln Highway comes to mind.) I belong to a book club and likely had to put it down and get to the club‘s choice. I only got about 100 pages in. Having Charlie Hunnam in the main role doesn’t hurt anything. That guy is super hot.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
2 that i really like we marathoned and saw all of the first season- the Lincoln Lawyer ant the Old Man… watched all the Midsomer Murders like 10 seasons, currently watching Jack Reacher and others. Either detective or spy stuff. Oh yeah We have watched a lot of Andor some episodes drag but we hang in there.

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
The Darrell Brooks Trial on Law&Crime (same as CourtTV, BUT WITH NO COMMERCIALS).

Last edited:

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
I liked terminal list and old man but both were repetitive and could have been shorter.

Lord of the Rings was ok not awesome just ok.
Joe Dirt 2 was stupid
Watched Doom again still dumb but better the second time after a few years of rest.

Cobra Kia season 5. Meh...

Outer range was interesting but to dark and weird.

Cherynobl was great but no one seems to talk about it..

VAGABOND

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Watched the latest version of “All Quiet on the Western Front” last night on Netflix. This production from Germany was an outstanding take on Remarque’s novel, even with the dubbed British/English audio. It’s quite long but worth every minute of your time. It’s a great lesson in war vs humanity.

Also agree with @Rob Allen on Chernobyl. One of the best series still available on HBO. Tight, well acted, especially Stellan Skarsgard, and scary as hell. Five or six episodes well worth your time especially due to current situation in Ukraine.

kerrys

Ignored Member
Now that I have a decent streaming setup I decided to watch a movie. I rarely watch movies.

Northman on Amazon prime. One of the most boring movies I have ever watched. This movie is a good example of why I don’t watch movies.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Now that I have a decent streaming setup I decided to watch a movie. I rarely watch movies.

Northman on Amazon prime. One of the most boring movies I have ever watched. This movie is a good example of why I don’t watch movies.
Yeah i try not to watch movies that make me bored or dumber than I already am. Exceptions might be movies i have a nostalgic sentimentality for but there are limits- about 6-10 viewings…. ;)

Xoxo

If y’all are looking for some amazing footage of the wild and also looking for something to help with insomnia…. try Netflix’s “Wild Babies” .

I’ve seen it many times now cause i got it on rotation when i try to get to sleep. Helen Bonham Carter narrates it and the music is so nice that it lulls you. Next time i babysit my Cheeto great niece and nephew overnight, I’m going to turn this one for them. They loved March of the Penguins.

The footage is incredible and the stories are so sweet with i think 5 episodes with baby penguins, foxes, otters, lions, orangutans and more.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter

I watched it to...it's kinda like sex...short moments of intensity, followed by long periods of inaction...

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I just finished Halo...being a sci-fi fan, thoroughly enjoyed it. Didn't realize Steven Spielberg was involved...